Crater Lake Trail

Crater Lake Trail is a 2 mile trail located near Skykomish, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

2.0 miles 550 feet

From Everett, take US 2 to the Money Creek Campground turnoff just before the town of Skykomish. Turn right onto the Miller River road and drive a short distance to the town of Miller River. Take a right on the Money Creek road, and drive approximately 7.3 miles to the road's end and a small parking area. The unofficial trailhead is here.

Extinct trail. *Hiked a year ago*

No trailhead, unmaintained. The road to the "trailhead" is gone which adds at least a half mile to the hike. The road in was gravel and you need a high clearance vehicle. Trail was extremely hard to find in the fist place and is barely a trail anymore. When I attempted to find the lake last year, whatever I was following as a trail vanished and I climbed and bushwhacked the rest of the way. Beautiful lake though.

I'd assume any trail is gone now.

Terrible. First of all, it's not easy to get too. Have to drive down a logging road for a good 45 min to reach the trail head. The trail head wasn't marked and we lost the trail about 10 min into the hike. It has not been maintained at all. We left and hiked Lake Elizabeth, which was a little better but had some major wash outs recently.