Dog Lake to Cramer Lake Trail

Dog Lake to Cramer Lake Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, WA that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and backpacking.

It was a nice hike. The majority of it was uphill, with a lot of rocks and roots. Great views and smells. One downer were the mosquitoes. When ever we stopped moving they would swarm.

My wife and I went up the end of the 2nd weekend of October. Temperature was excellent, and once you make the rock falls, you can begin to see out over the terrain. Hike is only moderate, but it does climb most of the way in. The bridge is washed out and seems like it has been all summer and maybe longer. There is a trail developing to a fallen tree about 75 yards upstream from the bridge footings. Parking was no problem in October as the campsite had just one occupant. The William O. Douglas Wilderness boundary is just a half mile in or so, so we filed a permit at the trail head.

The trailhead is at a campsite, so parking is pretty limited. Well labeled trails throughout. This is a really soft dirt trail, no rocks, from lake to lake. Lots of options to take other trails also. It should definitely be classed as 'easy' it's really minimal incline. The lake is nice and quiet, great camping spot at the end of the lake. I didn't see any weirdos, just some young campers. The trees were rocking and talking -- super nice hike.

Hiked this trail with my hiking buddy Jason Tollefson two years ago. It was an awesome hike and was pretty easy compared to Round Mountain. Saw a couple wierdos up there but we always carry our peace makers (open carry) Go check out the pics he posted. I recommend this trail to a group of school kids or if you're trying to earn a scout's badge.