Coyote Wall Loop Trail

Coyote Wall Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near White Salmon, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Portland, just take i-84 east to Hood River, cross the bridge over to WA in Hood River, then head east 4.6 miles on highway 14 and the trailhead sign will be on your left.

Awesome hike on a fall day! Took our dog and he loved it as well. Lots of bikers so watch out! Pretty steady incline and then gets steep at the top but the views are so worth it!

not a lot of fun Mountain biking in October in the rain. Trails were rutted and muddy. Only wildlife were some birds. From a positive perspective, only saw one other biker and the views were nice. Would only recommend it if you are nearby and a few hours to spare.

This was a great hike that my friend and I did. She was not quite as into hiking as I so we took it very slow on the way up. The multitudes of trails made it fun to find the ones we wanted to hike up. We were one of two cars parked at the trailhead on a Tuesday midday so I would highly recommend going during the week as we did not see another person the entire time. The sun was pretty harsh so it may be advisable to bring lots of water, a hat and plenty of sunscreen. Judging by the trail conditions I would also say that mountain biking at this location would be a blast.

The trail has a steady incline and is a great workout. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The view was beautiful at the top and was nice to have a break from the sun with a well shaded, flat trail at the top as well.

Beautiful hike, spectacular views, not too difficult.

Not too bad. Beautiful views of Gorge and Mt Hood the higher you go. Would be better for mountain biking. Trail was mostly unmarked and lots of bike trails everywhere made it difficult to find the right way. No shade and lots of poison oak.

Windy, rainy hike with some beautiful views and terrain. Great uphill for a workout.

rough uphill sometimes rocky climb. beautiful scenes. a lot of foot and bike traffic, lack of parking spots. small waterfalls and waterholes were great to stop at. a lot of poison oak. all in all definitely worth doing again but don't recommend for children under 8

Very pretty trail. Really nice views.

This hike was amazing. Great view.

This was one of the most beautiful hikes I have done in a while!! It almost looks like you are in a different country. Like Ireland! So many rolling hills of green! Hidden waterfalls and ponds. And the windflowers....oh my!! And the views!! Too much to list. I was there when there were only a few blooming, but I will for sure be going back in a week or two when the rest will be in full bloom. This is an amazing place. One of my favorites for sure!

Too many mt bikes and people got me. Beautiful scenery

This is a great hike. I would suggest doing the loop counter clockwise. Start at the Labyrinth Loop trail head off of an old highway. Head up to approx 1232 feet and then connect with a old jeep trail that heads you back east toward Coyote Wall. That is were you will see signs of private party land and do not enter. So if you go east you will not have any problems. Once you get to Coyote Wall head up to the upper viewpoint. I have a great video of our hike. Here is the link to it https://youtu.be/bobOsl7bjtE

Nice, easy hike

First time on the trail. Flowers are already blooming. Got some great pics of the river, waterfalls and an Eagle.