Cougar Trails Loop

Cougar Trails Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vancouver, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Cougar Trails project provides several miles of walking, jogging and biking paths. Designated jogging paths and interpretive trails provide all-weather walking surface wide enough for people. The Cougar Trails project provides several miles of walking, jogging and biking paths. Designated jogging paths and interpretive trails provide all-weather walking surface wide enough for people.

This is a great, easy set of trails. Truly beautiful. I took my Yorkie there. As someone else mentioned, it is definitely not for strollers, at least not the trail I took. Actually, I don't know which trail I took. The only issue I have with this area is that, while it's great to have signs showing the different trails, I had no idea where on the map I was. I pulled out my phone and figured it out from my AllTrails app, but I still wasn't sure which direction to go in, and I shouldn't have to rely on my phone. A "you are here" dot would go a long way. Luckily, it's a pretty straightforward hike, and eventually you'll end up back on campus. Overall a nice hike on a hot day.

Awesome long, multi'trail for different users. runners, wallets, bikes. ..and we took our dog on a walk. we got a little lost in the trails but in the end ended up back at the cat some they all go in a loop around WSU.

we will be back!

This was my first time using the app and decided to try Cougar Trail. At first I thought it was odd that it was on the WSU campus (new to the area and didn't put together the correlation); However, the walk was great with many options. With views of Mt. Saint Helen's and Mt Hood, not bad for an urban trail!

I STRONGLY recommend NOT taking a stroller.

While parts of the interpretive trail are very nice for a stroller, other parts are truly "mountain trail" and we had to have our youngest son out of the stroller as I struggled to pull the stroller backwards up many parts of the trail.

Other than that, I would say this is truly a gem in the "city" of Vancouver. Much better than I was even hoping for. You will want to park off of 50th so you don't have to pay to park at the college. There is room for maybe 2-3 cars off of Salmon Creek Blvd near the WSU Barn, but the small lot on 50th can hold approx. 8.. Mill Creek is worth the walk. From the parking lot off of 50th we walked over 2 miles and did not even complete the entire 1.1 mile set of fingers.