Copper Creek Trail

Copper Creek Trail is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Montesano, WA that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

Pretty intense incline, there were a couple of cool caves to check out in the way up!

gotta say, this one was my first WA hike. impressive, quite hike. real steep and not any problems. going down being on a serious incline was hard on the toes. it's true, 4 hrs and 30 min it took us. liked it that the wife and i went up again and brought my boys. well, needless to say, they kicked butt and breeze to it.

6.73 miles in 4 1/2 hours. The only clear view is on the ridge line trail and it is of the backside of the mountain... gorgeous but I was really hoping for a unobstructed view of all around! it's a killer going up and down! but a good hike to test out your stamina!

Up hill indeed. Great scenery the entire time. Wife and I did it in the rain and it was still awesome. Will head back again and cross the creek to explore the copper mine itself. Very fun and worth doing it over the lower and easier lake side hikes.

Up hill the entire way great work out you get t gb e creek in your left for a nice portion before you begin to summit Lightning Peak relatively flat GO RIGHT glad we did there is a nasty grade to the left.

Loved this hike. What a leg burner to a fabulous 360 degree view. I am new to the Gray's Harbour area and this is a close to home fabulous trail. I am really impressed. Trees, water, rocks, a great view .... a workout!
At 2400 ft. very good. If you can do Mount Si, this is easy, and again ..... pretty at the summit. I will venture out now and hike more in the area.

This was a great trail. I love steep terrains and this definitely gave my dogs and I a workout. The only reason I marked it as a 4 is because sometimes there wasn't a definitive trail to follow. I have an app that helps me keep track of my GPS trail though. Might I add this one was extremely beautiful?!

Holy Shnikies!!! Someone hit the nail on the head when they wrote, simply, "Steep!" in the trail registration book. Unless your goal is to torture your glutes and quads for no significant pay-off, try another trail. This one is a great workout, but not much fun. However, should you get to the top of the ridge and find a black, Motorola Droid 4 in a rubberized case, please contact me through this web site.

Happy trails!

Amazing! No 360 view at the top, but the ridge was still sweet. Downhill was pretty gnarly, take your time.

The small portion of this trail I completed was amazing. It starts off at ~800' through thinly forested second growth spotted with old growth stumps then it climbs steadily and steeply to ~2500' along well maintained steps and bridges. This trail isn't on many maps yet, but this gorgeous hike along the North side of Copper Creek with it's massive boulders, fallen snags and raging waters is beautiful. Next time I plan to make the entire 3200' ascent, but it is certainly breathtaking, literally and figuratively!