Colchuck Lake Trail

Colchuck Lake Trail is a 8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, WA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Day hike to Colchuck lake or Lake Stuart. Trail continues past Colchuck up Asgard pass to the Enchantment lakes.

Beautiful and challenging. Well maintained and marked.

Amazing hike, can't say enough good things about this trail & lake. we went Sunday Nov 6th 2 days ago and had amazing weather, sunny and snow on the mountain tops. The trail is difficult in places but totally manageable. we had a group of 4 woman, I'm not in great shape & we made it up in 3 hours. The entire trail is beautiful, I think we lucked out in the day we went.

HIked today 29/10/2016.
Trail was was not easy, especially second part after the second bridge - very steep and rocky, so be prepared, boots must have on this trail.
So, trail itself supposed to have a lot spectacular views at second half but I didn't see it today because it was very foggy. I saw the lake just for couple minutes when fog disappeared and it was very beautiful, it definitely worth to get there.

Truly something else during the fall. Well worth the effort.

Overrated

Well worth the effort. The trail was well marked throughout the hike. Once you get to the lake itself the trail is much less defined. Look for the craggy snow-covered peaks and make note of their directionality to find the trail back down a bit easier.

I'd rate 3/4 of the trail as moderate difficulty with the last 1/4 being difficult. Trekking poles are advised for the last section in particular as well as coming down. Some of the boulders are a bit difficult for the vertically challenged (my wife is 4'10"), but not unmanageable. Lastly I'd recommend those with ankles that roll easily to take special care or wrap because the way down does a number on the ankles.

No dogs are allowed on the trail. Day hikes are allowed but you must have a permit to park. Overnight is permit only and you have to win the permit lottery to get it. The view is worth all the effort in the end.

I am planning to do this hike this coming Saturday with my family. Can anybody just tell me if it is a 8 mile trail one way and another 8 mile way out?

As far as the view...spectacular and worth the effort. It is not an easy trail and is very busy, so get there early for parking at the trail head.

It was such a great trail! It did get difficult towards the end, especially considering we weren't really prepared for that but it was worth it! Good day activity. We started around 945 and got back down around 530 cuz we were up by the lake for a bit.
I would say this is a pretty difficult trail, but not impossible, if you can motivate yourself you can do it!
There's plenty of things to see during the hike so it's not only the end that's nice :)

Great hike!!! Great challenge. Took nearly 4 hours and I was moving pretty quickly on the way back, jogging for a lot of it. The sweat is worth it!! Absolutely beautiful, I intend to visit this again and try Aasgard.

Beautiful spot! Go early to avoid traffic on the trail. Gain was a good amount to push me but the trail would change from steep to flat along the entire trail. Heard you see goats up here but we didn't spot any today. Definitely would go back!

Beautiful trail and an even more beautiful lake. I wouldn't rate this as "hard" however. Some areas, especially towards the end, get more steep, but overall it's very doable, even with children!

Breathtaking is the only word I can think of. Difficult hike especially towards the end just as evening else is saying but so worth it. Rained/hailed on us the entire way down but our fault for not having proper gear. Highly recommended.