Church Mountain Trail

Church Mountain Trail is a 11.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Falls, WA that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until October.

Directions from Glacier: Travel east on Mt. Baker Hwy. 542 for 5.2 miles. Turn left on Forest Service Road #3040. Follow this road for approximately 2.5 miles to the end. The trailhead and parking area are located at the end of the road.

Hike is strenuous but worth it. I headed up early morning and summit was surrounded by fog, I'm sure the views are awesome when you can see them. I'll definitely do this one again later on in the morning.

Great! The directions accounted for 4 miles. So technically it was about 8.5 miles roundtrip. I did it in 5 1/2hrs with a very long break at the meadows taking pics and enjoying lunch with the ladybugs at the peak. The last bit of the hill is not as bad as I thought it would be. Perfect day to a great hike. Beautiful views in the meadows and 360 view at the top.

Stunningly gorgeous. Like right out of a storybook. Definitely a challenging trail.

If you like step masters and bugs this is the hike for you! Hard. Really hard, but if you decide to go up go all the way up to the tippy top. If you don't find a cable to help climb up rocks you have not gone far enough. Keep going! It is well worth it. Never doing it again, but glad I did it :)

fly fishing

I have been here twice and both times I was caught in intense lightning storms that came from beautiful sunny skies in seconds. Temperature drops of 30+ degrees with freezing rain and the rest!
The fishing is VERY good here as it is an extremely unlikely place and very difficult to lug any type of gear in to. Especially a float tube, fins, waders, rod & reel, and the rest of it. Bring a rain shell and some seriously good capilene and fleece layers!!!! If you like to catch untouched fish in places most people wouldn't think to go (like I do) then its worth the risk.