Chiwaukum Creek Trail

Chiwaukum Creek Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Leavenworth, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until July.

Peaceful, no other hikers. All the trees were burned 4 miles in. Depressing. We gave up returned. Saw a rattlesnake

First time on this one. Trail is in great condition to my turnaround at the horse ford/foot log. My hiking partner and I both agreed that the foot log crossing was more than we bargained for. Nice wildflowers and raging creek. My GPS measured it at just shy of 12 out and back. Good family hike.

trail is moderately scenic, the smell of the ponderosa pines in the lower section of trail is intoxicating, the destination is worthwhile, but the trail condition is not...WARNING!!! As of 2005, the trail above Glacier Creek to Chiwaukum Lake is extremely overgrown with dense brush, and I would not recommend it unless the FS has recently brushed it out. I happened to become seriously injured there, tearing my ACL and MCL there.

Good trail, lots of variety, challenging with a backpack on.