Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point

Chirico Trail to Poo-Poo Point is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the shorter route to Poo Poo Point, beginning at the paragliding landing field rather than the high school several miles to the north. Popular site for hiking, paragliding and hang gliding The Chirico Trail is a lovely spot located just off of I-90 in Issaquah. It is conveniently located and after about 700 feet of elevation the noise from any roads disappears. It is easy to reach and leaves the user in the forest and forgetting how close I-90 and Highway 18 are for most of the trail. The south launch area allows the users to have lovely valley views while looking out over the top of the nudist colony. The north launch area of Poo-Poo Point allows the user to have lovely views of the Lake Sammamish and Issaquah.

Lot more crowded than I prefer myself, but very pretty and during the winter really cool that you get snow at the top with an amazing view by the launch site.
Definitely got my workout here. Not many flat walking areas.

Good workout

Good hike that is close to the city!

First half is very rocky and more like climbing steps. Next time I'll bring my poles.

Best view I've seen in a long time. The hike is uphill the entire way, but man is it worth it!

Fun hike!

12/26/16 oh my gosh it was so crowded. Lots of people without trail manners. The lookout was nice enough. It's a great hike for kids and beginners though.

Nice moderate trail, good workout, but the views aren't that great. I night hiked a while back and thought I heard something growl at me near the top. I try not to hike alone in the dark anymore, haha.

Short and steep. Nice payoff at the top but not much to see on the way up. Great for a quick workout but crowded.