Chenuis Falls Trail

Chenuis Falls Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buckley, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until November.

Fee: $25 per vehicle. Only accept check or cash.

Dogs are NOT allowed. drove here and the ranger said no dogs. We will try again but it's a beautiful area. 4 stars since I didn't get to go on the hike.
FYI-They want $25 per vehicle fee check or cash no cards.

As of 4/16/16 the bridge was out so you are unable to see the waterfalls. Otherwise a fairly easy hike. But expect to hike approximately 8-9 miles. Beautiful views!

Moderate climb, great hike!

GREAT trail, went with my friend yesterday later when the sun was setting and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Walking the road is a bummer but the short side trip for this beaitiful water fall is worth wading through the river. I used water socks so I don't slip and they barely add any weight to my pack. Score for me!

great short hike if you're on a bike.if you're really adventurous. Get a bike,,,hike to the carbon glacier,,, see ipsut falls and chenius fall all in a day,,,,,,

Beautiful hike! Worth the 3.5 mile hike to get to the trail! Scary crossing over the river though.

trail closed as of 4 -15,,,bridge out,,,

Was not impressed with the logging road all the way to the trail but the actual trail itself was nice the waterfall was a wonderful view

Great little side trail off of the washed out Ipsut Creek Road. Definitely worth the extra walk.

First time hiking this trail, and was worth every step. The trail is the old carbon river road. Seen a few other hikers and mountain bikers. We also took a side trip to the old mine. It gets a little steep but also worth it. We did a total of 9.7 miles on this hike. I can say that pretty good for someone who smoked for 28 years and hasn't had a smoke in a year. Oh how I missed the outdoors!!!!!!

This trail was amazing! The falls themselves are worth the trip but you get to walk through the Carbon River bed and see the Northern Crags as well. It is a truly rewarding experience. However, it was slightly confusing to get here. So here are some better instructions, when you enter the parking area you proceed to the Carbon River Trail, which you will follow for 3.7 miles until the Chenuis Falls trail begins. There is a slight incline throughout the trail but nothing too difficult. Again this hike is close to 4 miles one way so be prepared and head out early for this 8 mile round trip.

Great trail with minimal elevation gain. There are many other trails that branch off of this main trail (old washed out road) as well. It's a nice stroll along the Carbon River. We ride our bikes to the Chenuis trailhead and walk from there. There is a place to chain bikes up and also a picnic table at the trail head. It's a quick walk to the falls, over a footbridge (if its not washed out) and soon after you're at the falls. It's a perfect little spot and it's mellow enough that it seems it'd be the perfect swimming hole. I believe the trail is much further than 3 miles total though. :)

Beautiful & not very difficult!
It is barely inclined... Has well-labeled trails.

Beautiful day for a stroll up the Carbon River. Wife and I did this trail and then some. Thinking there was a trail to the top of the falls we continued up the switch backs. This does NOT go to the top of the falls. Once you cross the river take your first left to the pool at the base of the falls. Enjoy the view, swim in the pool, relax and take photos to remember the trip.

I have done this a couple times as a mountain bike/hike combo. Trail a little rough for bikes in places, but managable....We rode our bikes to the trailhead and hiked to the falls from there. It looks like a huge waterslide with a pool at the base of it......very pretty falls.....not crowded at all

This was a nice day hike with great views. I was able to take some nice pictures of the mountain.

Took family 2 adults three girls, 14, 10, 4. Was very good for the kids. Old road for most of the trail. The last .2 miles was crossing he Carbon River/wash which was like a reward at the end of the hike. A lot more is available down the same trails. Was almost to much for the four year old but she made it through and is now looking forward to do again. Again the adventure was the last .2 miles . kids loved it.