Cedar Falls Trail

Cedar Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, WA that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

My dad and I were going for a drive today, we live in Chelan and needed to get away from all the tourists! We ended up here and it was a nice overcast day. We all headed up but do to dad's hips he only made it about a mile, so the dog and I continued up past the falls a bit then turned around. Stopped at the falls, pup went swimming and I took some great pics. Ran pretty much all the way up and down, the trail was easy and a quick lil trip to some BEAUTIFUL falls. Happy Trails.

Hiked this trail 8/7/15. Having never been here before I was surprised by how much water was still coming over the falls since it has been so dry. The path is clear, easy to follow but the view of the falls is a bit over grown. I hiked past the falls to get in a little more hiking time.

We were staying in Chelan, so it was a bit of a drive, but we were looking for something with cool falls, and relatively easy grade since our smallest hiker had just turned 4. he made it out and back easily. as someone else noted, this trail is pretty much in the forest the whole way. if you like exploring "the woods" and like pointing out different things under the canopy to your kids this is great. That said - the falls were amazing. 2 large drops of 30' each, and you can walk down to the 100' long shelf between those two for some amazing pictures. take the time to walk up the trail another 100-200yds and there is a post-card picture waiting of a small upper cascade surrounded by trees and foliage.

Nice walk, easy climbing, falls are gorgeous. Not a lot of open views, so don't pick this one if that's what you're after. Good for late season, as the bottom of the trail was snow-free and only a bit up by the falls.

The trial is good for early season. The falls are impressive with 3 tiers of falls.