Cedar Butte Trail

Cedar Butte Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 32. Right on 468th Ave for 3.5 miles to the parking area on the left side of the road

Decent

Quick little hike that HS some decent sized inclines so if you are out of shape you will get your monies worth!

The trail was not heavily trafficked, I only ran into one other group hiking it. The trail is quiet, with a steady climb. I agree with the previous reviewer that this should not be categorized as an easy hike. I am an experienced hiker and this was a moderate climb to the summit. The view from the top on a clear summer day is great! I enjoyed this trail for its seclusion and tree cover for a warm day.

This was a lovely trail, I would definitely not call it easy though, as it is a constant ascent for between 800 900 feet. It was secluded, there are only two other cars in the parking lot, and we never saw anyone else. Lots of slugs, and a very sweet if small lookout at the top.

This way a great little day trail!!

Fantastic fun hike!

5/7/2016 (Saturday) - Group 9:20-12:30. All the reviews posted before this give a precise description of this trail: It's worthy, pleasant, rather easy, much quieter alternative of the opposite Rattlesnake Ledge trail, though the view is not as awesome. Ours is a sunny, cloudless morning 66-75F (81F in the afternoon). The longer loop provides a less steep option for moving up. There are many rarely used trails and a hidden lake in the foothills. We may also get a taste of a long and endless Iron Horse RR. The creek runs across the railroad bridge is as loud as a falls, a lot of water. It's fortunate that the state park parking lot is not full (as it requires "Discover Pass") while both sides of the road are fully parked by VERY long lines of cars.

Short but sweet, this is a great alternative to nearby Rattlesnake Ledge, which is often overrun. When the parking lot for that hike is full, continue another 15 seconds down the road and visit Cedar Butte. The view from the top isn't as spectacular as that from Rattlesnake Ledge, but the relative solitude more than makes up for it.

Quick video of highlights here:

Took our dog in the rain and the trail is not too muddy, good mis of gravel and adequate slope to keep puddles from forming.

Easy day hike. Took my wife and I an hour up and down. Just make sure you look for the little wood sign on the tree that says Cedar Butte. Overall good easy hike.

Great! Thankful for this app. May have had a problem finding the trail had I not used it.

very nice lower elevation trail, well maintained. nice regional views from the top. I hiked on a warm Friday afternoon and ran into two other hikers.

Couldn't find the trail

A very fun hike! A great small adventure :)

This was my first real Washington hike, and I agree that the WTA description was very helpful in finding this trail. As a beginning hiker who is trying to get in shape, I usually choose easy hikes because I never know just how "easy" they really will be. And this is the reason. For an experienced hiker, or a pretty fit person, this might be considered easy. But this hike was quite challenging for me due to the constant (although not very steep) incline. I would call this more moderate just due to the steady incline. We took the summit trail, and were so relieved when we reached the top! The view is quite nice. The viewpoint area is small, but there was no one up there when we arrived so that wasn't an issue.

I liked this trail because it wasn't very crowded. We passed a few groups on the way up and a few on the way down, but most of the time had the trail to ourselves. We arrived at about 11:30am and passed Rattlesnake, which was insanely packed. The lot for the Iron Horse State Park, where you park for the Cedar Butte Trail, was virtually empty. You do need a discover pass to park there, which I think is totally worth it at $30/year. My tracker told me this was just over 4 miles out and back, and it took my husband and I about 2 hours.