Cascade Lake Trail

Cascade Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Olga, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Hike around Cascade lake in Moran state park on Orcas Island, WA.

We combined this hike with the add on loop to cascade falls. Very nice views and changing terrain. Steep in sections and the stated elevation gain is misleading as the ups and downs are near constant. We started and ended at day use beach, great views of lake all around the loop.

I went with a friend and came in the short hike. Being from Arizona the temperature was nice and cool well canopied trees and lovely soft groomed paths. We just hiked in to the Cascades and back out.

Very nice trail. I actually combined a few different trails into one hike. Started out at the Northend Campground across from the swimming area, following the signs for Cascade Lake Trail. From there found the trail head for Cascade Falls. First waterfall was small but pretty. Continued on to Cascade Falls, which was larger and very pretty as well. Continuing on, came upon a sign for Sunrise Rock. Short but steady climb to the top for a very nice view of the lake below. It was a hot day and there was almost no one on the trails, but the trails themselves were cool and shaded for the most part. In all hiked close to 5 miles.

Hiked here in December, and the road to the top of Mt. Constitution was closed due to icy and snowy roads. We did our mileage at the lower elevations and had a beautiful and peaceful hike. Summer is the peak season, but for contrarians, the fall and winter months are very pleasant too.

09/21/2014 (Sunday) - We've been coming here to camp for the last 20 years. This lake is idyllic, especially in the early morning. The hike is simple and the trail is beautifully maintained. There is a short stretch on the east side where you have to walk along the road that runs next to the lake edge. Not a big deal. I'll post some photos.

More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com

I lived on Orcas last summer and I ran this trail daily. It has beautiful views of the lake and very quiet. Some days I included the extended trail around the lagoon. This is a really wonderful trail for eveyone.

This trail meanders through some beautiful woods, always hugging the shoreline. There were a couple areas that additional signage would have been helpful but if you are doing the trail clockwise, just keep to the right and you will be fine. Start this trail an hour and a half before sunset and you will have excellent sunset views over the lake.