Carkeek Park Salmon

Carkeek Park Salmon is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Seattle, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

beach

I have been to this trail10+ times, and I really like it. I always change up the route so I don't get bored. There are a few uphill areas that are a good workout.

My only complaint is that I've encountered a few sketchy people in the area hanging out on the trail. One time a younger homeless man started screaming at me. Luckily my husband was with me, but the man was scary enough that several walkers got involved in the dispute. Since then, I'm nervous going back. Otherwise a great trail.

Easy

The beach, especially, is lovely, and watching the train snake its way along the shore conjures a sense of adventure. Trails can be pretty steep.

This is a great little park that is only 2 bus rides away from me. There is a lot to do for such a small area - there are different trails, a wetland area, a picnic area, a water treatment building, and a beach that is accessible via parking lot. The beach is a hidden gem in Seattle, it is small but beautiful, especially on a sunny day. The trail I took was very easy and pretty short.