Bowman Bay via Rosario Head Trail

Bowman Bay via Rosario Head Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, WA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Beautiful hike! Scenic views and fairly flat easy hiking!

We walked from the Bowman parking lot to Rosario Beach for the tide pools-- WOW! The hike was mostly flat and smooth-- some great views and beautiful madrona trees. There's a rope that guides you through the tide pools to minimize foot trafftic through a delicate ecosystem. We saw all manner of sea vegetables and lots of urchins, tiny crabs, etc. The tide was coming in, so we didn't stay as long as we might have liked-- check the tide schedule online to plan your trip. What a treat for landlubbers like me!

Amazing!! Great hike, perfect on a beautiful day for those that like to meditate. The views are stunning! I will go back many times, I'm sure of it..

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

Has some great views along the trail. Very busy in the summer. When the trail is rated easy, it is a little bit of a higher end easy, not just a little stroll. We took our Boston Terrier and Dachshund on the trail, some parts were a touch harder for them. This is a great trail to get started with if you are new to hiking or are a flatlander. A great view of Deception Pass. We saw a sea lion in a little cove, eagles, and a kite.

Right by the ocean, minimal incline, and a bunch of really beautiful places to sit and enjoy the beach and the forrest at the same time. If you're looking for privacy this isn't the place but that doesn't take anything away from what it has to offer in my opinion.

Spectacular views, and one of my favorite hikes. Having a said that I'm surprised by the the rating of easy! We cut through the middle of Rosario ducked south for the point(Amazing), and then took the trail to the north side of Rosario head. This part was a tiny trail that was exceptionally difficult for our kids and dog. Several areas where we thought we were lost because the trail was so tiny. Checked gps and we were o the right trail, but I would rate this portion as hard.

Amazing views makes this a must,but don't expect a flat easy path!

The lighthouse point trail is a very short trail. The beginning is steep and can be difficult for small children. Once on top you see beautiful views for miles but be careful you are very high up and there are unforgiving cliff edges.
It was fun to play in the tide pools at the bottom.

Very easy trials with some fantastic views on a clear day. This would be a great place for a picnic!

Easy trails and great views. Very busy in the summer, though. Best way to enjoy it? Bring your lunch and picnic at Rosario Head, Vista point, or Lighthouse Point instead of the beach.

Easy and relaxing hike with a great view.

nice quick and easy trail. trail to the left towards lighthouse point only 1.5 miles but can be longer if you explore other trails. Amazing views!

This is a great place to take the family hiking. Great views, well maintained trails, and lots of spots to sit and enjoy the scenery.

A great hike for a nice winter day when everything in the mountains is under snow. There are two hikes, and they go in opposite directions, and one of them (lighthouse point) splits in two; it can be a little confusing. I didn't realize this until later, and then I went back and did both. For the stories and more pics, go to my blog.

Amazing hike. The lake is beautiful busy on weekends though

Great easy hike. Wasn't too busy in the morning but as the day continued more people were arriving, can see it getting busy as summer comes along. Did the rosario trail first which is an easy nice trail. The lighthouse point trail is what I enjoyed the most. Great views, fun trails. Also brought my dog along, part of the trail was a little steep with rocks and root but he's a larger breed so had no issues. With some of the views this has to offer I will definitely be doing this again.

Did the Lighthouse point trail in late October. This is great for kids but have to slow them down on the first climb at the beginning as very high up and only one area with a barrier. Initial hill is fairly steep but then evens out. Beautiful sights and not alot of people on the day we went.

Easy day hike with gorgeous views of the ocean and Deception Pass.