Boardman Lake Trail

Boardman Lake Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Directions from Verlot: Travel east on the Mt. Loop Hwy. for 4.5 miles. Turn right on Schweitzer Creek Road #4020. Continue on for 5 miles to the trailhead on the left.

Very very soggy trail! It was around 75-80 degrees, mid day when my boyfriend and I did this hike. There was a huge amount of mud just all over the trail, thick and sludgy. The lake, as usual, was absolutely lovely. However around 3:30-4:00 it started to get really buggy. The road up to the trail head was probably the hardest part. A little over 5 miles of gravel road filled with huge potholes. If you drive a low sitting vehicle this might not be the best trail to do. We had to get out and push some severely unprepared people in a convertible out of a rut. The lake however, if you are prepared, is worth it all. Absolutely spectacular views even on the drive up, and the first lake you pass on the trail is so serene. Great hike! We often take our 9 year old lab and she handles it great.

Hiked solo out here today. The trail is muddy in places, has puddles and streams running down parts of the trail. I had the whole place to myself which is a plus. This is a very kid and dog friendly hike, excellent for new hikers.

short and sweet. busy but not as busy as most in the area

short trail but nice. gets busy on weekends

I was with a 9&4 year old in sneakers, couldn't even make it to the trailhead due to snow. The last five miles is moderate gravel road with potholes galore. I ended up at the ranger station down the road to inquire about trails without snow. I headed to old robe. Much much easier with a nice ending at the river.

Took our little puppy up for her first hike! The trail is easygoing and the lake was a great find!

It's an easy pretty hike. We really enjoyed it.

Very easy but a fun hike. Great place to take a swim.

Beautiful trail, short, and the water was so warm we went swimming.

nice hike, beautiful views this is a definite go back to and visit again area!

Nice short trip, great for kids.

This is one of my favorite hikes for kids! Or an introduction to hiking for a new hiker. The lake is beautiful and fun to swim in!

Easy hike lots of neat things along the trail. Watch out for roots along the trial. Beautiful lake wish we would have brought a fishing pole and small boat.

Great for a short hike. Lake Evan is 0.1, and Boardman Lake is 0.8 miles from the trailhead. Very wet, muddy and slick, which is to be expected in a March hike. We were basically walking in a small creek most the way up. Lots of rocks & roots on the trail, but our 7 & 11 year olds had no problems. Didn't see ANY bugs either.

a little wet still! good minrs

This is a relative easy hike but there are sooo many horseflies that you have to be running or swimming. Otherwise, expect to get bit....multiple times. I was fast walking with my son and they kept biting his back and arms. I must have killed over 50 on our hike.

very nice lake! short hike but very nice lake.

Very short and easy. Took my puppy and toddler. The lakes were very beautiful but I'd have to say it wasn't worth all the bugs. They were getting stuck in our eyes and we couldn't breathe without them getting in our noses or mouths. Save this hike for another time.

Lake Boardman has absolutely stunning views! This is a great hike if you're strapped for time. The hike takes about 1 1/2 hours to complete. It is also great for all skill levels - very child friendly. The drive up to the trailhead is a rough, gravel road. Some cars may have difficulty, especially if it is raining. Take a look at the pictures and you will see that the views are worth the drive and the hike!

I took my raft up there and paddled to the opposite side of the lake from the log jam where the creek was entering the lake. the water was a little cooler there and the fish were going crazy after my dry fly. every cast got something. nothing big though just 4-7 inchers my son did catch an 8 incher. still very fun on an ultra light rod