Black Diamond Coal Mine Trail

Black Diamond Coal Mine Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Black Diamond, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

We went out to see the coal mine and cars. Never found them, we hiked a nice 6 miles. It was good hiking, but some of the trails need to be labeled better. It is used mostly by mountain bikers so watch your back. If you are looking for the coal mine and ghost town, this is not the trail. The correct trail for that is Franklin coal mine and ghost town. It cost 5 dollars to park at franklin. That trail also has a cool river gorge. We can't wait until next weekend to hike that. This trail was enjoyable. We were just disappointed becuase we didn't realize it wasnt the correct trail until 3+ miles into it. It is kid friendly.

A nice pleasant walk. Mountain bikers a pleanty and well kept trails. Nice and flat. Should be considered easy for mast folks...

Went hiking/walking here yesterday. Never found the mine or cars. Disappointed in this trail. Lots of bikes and closed or one way trails. No way to find actual trail for mine. Lots of trails have been named by bike club. Wish I had chose somewhere else.

This used to be a great place to horseback ride, but once again, the mountain bikers came in, built additional trails and then made nearly all the original ones off-limits. County records show this land was secured for multi-use, yet they have taken over virtually every trail. I've been riding in the area since the 1980's and find this recreation group very frustrating.

Awesome lake, great park.

was a good 3.5 hour hike.

Went for a biking adventure today with my family. Warning!!!! do not go biking there if you are not on a mountain bike! LOL. My bad though, I brought my hybrid bike (road bike/mountain bike), and it's groaning. The trail was fun for everyone else though, they also didn't have a toddler in the back on a baby seat. My bad again! Would have been even more fun if the trails were better marked but overall was awesome!

great trails not too difficult not a simple walk, many small paths for people who like to adventure even deeper.

lots of little trails that link together and make it really hard to get lost!you can access lake sawyer. we take our horses

Coolest place!!!!!! The scenery is gorgeous and theirs all kinds of different routes to take some are scary as hell some are flat ground some have incline some are downhill some are bridges it varies! Best place ever especially since I live right by it!

Poorly marked trails.

been better if it was marked better I mean all the trails are fun for hiking 3.5 hours but would help people finding there way if marked better