Big Gulch Trail

Big Gulch Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mukilteo, WA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Big Gulch provides ample amounts of walking trails that are well manicured and user friendly for everyone. Tall evergreen trees, lush forest floors, and a thriving ecosystem are only a few of the highlights experienced in Big Gulch. Trail heads are located at 4800 92nd Street SW, Mukilteo, WA and 4675 Harbour Point Blvd., Mukilteo, WA.

This was an okay trail, as trails go, but I will never go back for one big reason: it stunk.

Like most of the way, it stunk like sewage. And not just a little. It was bad in places and downright foul in others. Like, I had to hold my nose. Dramatically. I was breathing through my sleeve and gasping for air as if i was walking through a smoky room.

It was dangerously bad. Yucky. Blech. Ew. I can still taste it. Pheeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeew!

[insert crying children gif here]

Great trail for a run. I was unable to find parking for the park itself but ended up finding parking at the Mukilteo Library. It ended up working out great as the lot connects to the trail. It's a good 40 minute trail run, moderately difficult to run, it would be a nice and easy hike though.

We took all 3 kids (ages 6-11) to walk this trail today. We parked at the library and hopped on the trail there. It was fab! There were quite a few people, and lots of dogs who looked very happy. The kids were griping on the way back up, but all in all it was a lovely walk in the forest!

I WOULD RECOMMEND PARKING AT 92ND STREET PARK. I drove around the park once because my GPS didn't take me to an entrance.

Really awesome trail. There is an option to run a longer, flatter route that ends at the library or a shorter, steeper route (which is more beautiful, in my opinion). Very peaceful!!!!

There is a few meters where you can smell the sewage.

This is a great little trail through a foresty area, with views of a little creek and a mini waterfall. At the end of the walk you end up at the public library! A very nice stroll.

Nice

It is great for a run and will push your endurance. Great exercise!

This trail is 4-5 miles...great trail! There are a few places that you can smell sewage but honestly, it's just for a moment. This is a great little hike for kids!

**park your car either at the 92nd st park and use the north entrance, or park at the library and use the south entrance :)**

I had a hard time finding where the trail head was, and didn't even realize that there were other entrances! This trail is a gem once I found where it was. This trail offers something for all skill levels and it isn't terribly long. We entered through the south entrance and when the trail forked, we went left and down the west trail. It had a lot of ups and downs and was excellent for trail running. When we turned around we checked out the north trails, one is a steep incline with not much to see (but is a great hill to run :) and the left side of the north entrance takes you to the 92nd street park. This trail has stairs and bridges and is quite pretty. I'll be back to this trail, especially since it's so close to home and doesn't require driving out to mountain loop hwy if you need a quick hiking fix :)

Was extremely happy with this hike. It's not far from home, but certainly feels like it. I went early afternoon on a Tuesday and saw maybe a half dozen people. Just enough of a hike to stretch your legs a bit, elevation changes weren't bad. Birds were busy singing, even heard a barred owl, and spotted a couple banana slugs.
Only detractors in this hike were:
1) the occasional smell of sewage. It certainly wasn't enough to ruin the hike but there were definitely spots you didn't want to stop.
2) Mud. If you leave from the Mukilteo library you will encounter mud, there's no avoiding it. It wasn't too deep, but I was glad to have close toed shoes.

I'll definitely be doing this again.

End to end trail is 4.4 miles with some elevation gain of 300ft approx. started from Mukilteo library entry point, went to 92nd space park, then all the way down and back to library. Good for anyone, warmup, kids, dogs... Going all the way down gives pungent smell of sewers, and also on some spots where they have sewer valves.

Being right next to a water treatment plant makes it smell pretty bad during the summer. It still smells kinda icky during the winter but it's not overwhelming. Easy trail. You could run or bike it too. I suggest parking at Mukilteo Library.

This trail is the perfect quick workout that still makes you feel like you are deep in a forest. Decently maintained trails make this a pretty easy trail run with a few different trail path options to switch things up. Only complaint is the occasional wiff of sewer in a few spots.