Big Four Ice Caves Trail

Big Four Ice Caves Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

From Granite Falls follow the Mountain Loop Highway east for 26 miles to the trailhead, on the right (elev. 1750 ft). Privy available. You can also hike from the Big Four Picnic Area, which is 0.5 mile before (west of) the caves trailhead off of the Mountain Loop Highway.

This was a really fun hike! unfortunately too snow covered to get into the cave but will definitely be returning when it clears up!

Just finished this trail, It was stunningly beautiful sadly there was to much snow and it completely covered the entrance to the cave. Because of the snow the road was also closed so we had to walk almost 3 miles just to get to the start of the trail in quite a bit of snow. With out a few feet of snow I bet this trail would be easier, in the conditions we went in I would say moderate or even hard. Still worth it and will be coming back!

Trail had 3-4ft of snow and we also had to walk 2 miles to the trail because they closed the road due to how much snow there was. But the 2miles of walking was on compacted snow. So we parked at the turnaround and walked the 2 miles. Theres so much snow on the ice caves you cannot even see where they are located. So for someone first time there you'll just end up at a mountain side covered in snow pretty much. Still was a good walk/hike. (You don't climb much elevation)

Very quick and easy hike, the whole trail and road leading to the trail was snowy and we had to hike 2.5 miles from our car to get to the trailhead. The caves were snowed in but there was a nice lake that was frozen over at the top. Great view, especially in the winter.

Beautiful place to go, defiantly recommend it! Well worth the drive

Beautiful trail, can be very busy. It's a very easy trail surrounded by views and the ice caves at the end of the trail are a must see. Please do go into the caves, its reckless and not worth your life. People have died going into the caves or even to close to the caves can be deadly. There are signs posted warning of the dangers and they mark where you should stop due to it no longer being safe past the marker. I do recommend the trail for the sights, as long as you head the warnings it is a very safe hike great for the little ones.

not much of a challenge. nice trail. super easy. better in the winter when u can see caves. summer isn't much to see for caves

Great view! The hike is pretty easy nice walk. The ice caves were a sight to see.

very easy hike for kids.

it was awesome

this was a great one I get a while back with my daughter and it gave us a work out :)

Easy hike for all levels.

Easy, fun, lovely trail, quite packed which is not my thing at all but one you get up to the caves there is plenty of space to spread out. Went in later fall and got to walk pretty deep in to the caves without feeling nervous about any collapsing! All my pics from up there were perfect! I had both my dogs with me, lil and big and they very much enjoyed themselves as well! :)

Leisure trail for almost anyone to hike. Great for beginner hikers. Well maintained with amazing views. Ice caves are a spectacular sight to see. Looking forward to hiking this in the spring when the snow is melting & waterfalls are raging.

sunny, fun little hike. ice caves were like standing in front of a freezer. good times

Always a solid choice for a quick getaway.