Beckler Peak

Beckler Peak is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Skykomish, WA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The snow amplified the beauty for this hike. It was serene and incredible. Could not see much while at the peak due to heavy cloud coverage but there is rewarding scenery buried in the trees. Great hike.

Awesome hike. There was about a foot of snow on the ground and it started snowing while we were on the top, but we had just the right visibility before the clouds started to settle around the peak.

I definitely recommend shoes geared more towards snow and better traction. The shoes I had were not even slightly water proof- but the hike was definitely worth it.

Well kept trail and just a little snow near the top that was completely passable. I hiked in trail runners and was totally fine. Mostly uphill with gentle rolling switchbacks. The view at the top was spectacular and still not too crowded.

I got there about 9:20, was up the 3.8 miles to the top about 10:40. Then ran the whole way down in about 40 min (it was all downhill!). Very pleasant hike!

By the time I got down (about noon), parking lot was full and only about 12-18 cars were parked on the road leading up to the trailhead. Perhaps it's the crazy 6.6 miles from the main road to the trailhead that deter people! It's pretty good considering, but lots of potholes and there were times I wondered if I was going in the right direction!

Great training hike to break in a new pack. Pure uphill for a little over three miles but completely worth it at the top. There's currently snow starting about 2/3 of the way up but it's largely hard packed and relatively easy to cross. Spikes would help but I managed without.

Took a chance on this hike knowing that there was snow at the top and we didn't have appropriate snow gear. It was SO worth it.

The first 2-2.5 miles are on a well marked, well kept trail with a gradual incline. After about the 2.5 mile point (according to my GPS, which may have been slightly off), the trail completely disappears due to snow cover. We had no clue if we were going in the right direction, so with the help of a map, a compass, and following previous hikers' footprints, we took a path essentially straight up the mountainside (very steep!) for the last mile or so. We had regular hiking boots which made it difficult with the 6"-1' of snow still on the ground. We passed some snowshoers and some people with spikes who had no trouble at all.

But when we made it out on top, the views were absolutely incredible. So stunning. Made the entire trip worthwhile. We may have to return again later in the season when the snow has melted.

Overall, I'd completely recommend it, just be prepared for lots of snow, and take a map with you as well so you don't get lost.

Unbeatable views, gorgeous, well maintained trail. Not crowded (mid-week, mid-day, one of six other hikers).

Beautiful views up top. :)

I hiked this on one of the clear and sunny Saturdays we've been having. I started early from Olympia and hit the trail by 9:00 in the morning. There were maybe 6 other cars at that time. When I finished, there were over 20 cars in the parking lot. Waaaay too many! The trail was really nice. I used yaktrax on the snow/ice section of the trail. I am glad that I had them because the snow was starting to melt from the sun and was rather slippery. The summit was a little crowded for my liking but definitely not as bad as it would have been for those starting later in the day.

A fun hike in February with great views at the top. Enough snow the last 1/2 mile to remind you it's winter but easy enough to walk on that I only used hiking poles. A gradual climb that never felt steep, I'd rate it as moderate. I hit the trail by 8am and missed the crowd at the top but passed all the same people on the way down that Scott D. mentioned. The parking lot is only big enough for maybe a dozen cars and the top of the peak is only so big. The road doesn't have a lot of turn outs either so it is not an ideal situation for lots of cars. I probably won't be hiking this trail on a weekend again. The trail was in great shape though.

Great trail but as another reviewer said. Be ready for a workout. The elevation gain speaks for itself. Above 4,000 feet there was a bit of snow - a foot or two. Not a real problem but do to the icy trail micro spikes would be suggested. Plenty of folks not using those though.

Lot and lots of people on the trail. And dogs. When we parked at the trailhead at 9 am there were 9 cars and the lot was full. When we returned there were a 100 cars. Likely cause the day was great. The view at the top is fantastic.

Great trail, but be ready for a workout. All uphill!

Light trail traffic. So good for dogs.

Drive from Hwy2 to the trailhead seems to be about 6 miles. May pot holes as you get close, but seen a Prius make it.

Great lunch location at the top.

I did this hike yesterday with three friends and our dog - it was everything we wanted. Amazing trail, very well kept so our dog didn't have trouble keeping up. We got our butts kicked (it was our first longer hike in a while) but is SO worth it with the incredible woods and little waterfalls along the way, and especially the view at the summit. We started around noon and summated two-two and a half hours later, JUST in time for the clouds to burn off and reveal the amazing surrounding peaks. No real suggestions to make except be sure to bring hardy snacks and water, and be wary that Forest Road 6066 off of US 2 (which you drive along to get to Beckler) feels quite long - we were worried we had missed the trail! But it runs right into it so it's pretty impossible to miss, just keep right along the way. Do this hike!!

I came here in the middle of June and once you reach around 3,800 the snow starts and it's very easy to lose the trail. You absolutely need to bring something to mark your route. Closer to the peak there was 10 inches of snow. I actually lost my dog here yesterday. I went back today to hike up again and put up flyers. It would be best to do this trail in late summer or just be really careful and take it seriously.

Saturday 9/14/2013: Five of us, four people and a dog, got together and climbed Beckler Peak near Skykomish. We started late because of SR520 bridge closure and I-5 construction. We left Seattle 9:20 and It was cloudy. The last mile of dirt road to the trail head was rough with deep potholes. By the time we arrived at the trail head at 11:10 the sky was clear. The small parking lot was almost full. We started hiking at 11:20 am and reached the summit area by 1:06 pm. The trail was in great condition. It is mostly in the shade. There were all kinds of mushrooms by the trail. The view at the summit area was great. We enjoyed the view for a while and had lunch in the shade just below the summit. We started the descent at 1:40 pm and returned to our car by 3:09 pm. On the way down we stopped at the saddle to see the remains of a cabin.

I would not classify this hike as difficult...the most difficult thing about trail was finding the road. GPS said it was FR 66 but sign on HWY 2 said FR 6066 and there it is - RIGHT after the sign and I had traffic behind me so passed it first time and had to turn around to get on road and then I still felt unsure as ther is no sign stating trail name. Got to Jennifer Dunn trailhead and was on trail but about 8:15 and we were 2nd car in the lot. Beckler Peak starts off with a gentle but incessant incline that never gives up. Trail is relatively free of rocks and roots. At the 1.5 mark there is a blowdown/cut down area that opens over the valley with spectacular views. There still was some snow on the trail but very easily navigated. The inline continues with switchbacks until you reach the stone stairs, which is the sign that you are almost there! At the top of the stairs is another breath stopping view over valley at neighboring mountains. Proceeding about .2 miles further you are at the summit and the 360 degree view is the best I have seen on the hikes I have dont so far. I highly recommend this and anyone can do this one one step at a time as there are plenty of resting places along trail on fallen logs and coming down was easy.

Just did this hike In the morning on Saturday July 14, 2012 and it was beautiful. Thee is still a quite a bit of snow at the beginning o the last mile that requires quite a bit of navigating in order to find the trail again. The summit is so stunning, if you haven't done it before I would highly recommend the hike. It's definitely at the difficult level so I would not recommend taking kids on this one.

I went up on a very stormy day a couple weekends ago. Despite the constant downpour and cloudy skies, this was an amazing hike. It is a constant climb from the trailhead to the summit. I imagine, if we had summited on a clear day, the views would be astounding. This is definitely on my list to do on a clear day. FYI, lots of mud on the trail mostly due to the weather, wear waterproof boots unless you want soggy feet.