Beckler Peak

Beckler Peak is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Skykomish, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The snow amplified the beauty for this hike. It was serene and incredible. Could not see much while at the peak due to heavy cloud coverage but there is rewarding scenery buried in the trees. Great hike.

Awesome hike. There was about a foot of snow on the ground and it started snowing while we were on the top, but we had just the right visibility before the clouds started to settle around the peak.

I definitely recommend shoes geared more towards snow and better traction. The shoes I had were not even slightly water proof- but the hike was definitely worth it.

Well kept trail and just a little snow near the top that was completely passable. I hiked in trail runners and was totally fine. Mostly uphill with gentle rolling switchbacks. The view at the top was spectacular and still not too crowded.

I got there about 9:20, was up the 3.8 miles to the top about 10:40. Then ran the whole way down in about 40 min (it was all downhill!). Very pleasant hike!

By the time I got down (about noon), parking lot was full and only about 12-18 cars were parked on the road leading up to the trailhead. Perhaps it's the crazy 6.6 miles from the main road to the trailhead that deter people! It's pretty good considering, but lots of potholes and there were times I wondered if I was going in the right direction!

Great training hike to break in a new pack. Pure uphill for a little over three miles but completely worth it at the top. There's currently snow starting about 2/3 of the way up but it's largely hard packed and relatively easy to cross. Spikes would help but I managed without.

Took a chance on this hike knowing that there was snow at the top and we didn't have appropriate snow gear. It was SO worth it.

The first 2-2.5 miles are on a well marked, well kept trail with a gradual incline. After about the 2.5 mile point (according to my GPS, which may have been slightly off), the trail completely disappears due to snow cover. We had no clue if we were going in the right direction, so with the help of a map, a compass, and following previous hikers' footprints, we took a path essentially straight up the mountainside (very steep!) for the last mile or so. We had regular hiking boots which made it difficult with the 6"-1' of snow still on the ground. We passed some snowshoers and some people with spikes who had no trouble at all.

But when we made it out on top, the views were absolutely incredible. So stunning. Made the entire trip worthwhile. We may have to return again later in the season when the snow has melted.

Overall, I'd completely recommend it, just be prepared for lots of snow, and take a map with you as well so you don't get lost.

Unbeatable views, gorgeous, well maintained trail. Not crowded (mid-week, mid-day, one of six other hikers).

Beautiful views up top. :)

I hiked this on one of the clear and sunny Saturdays we've been having. I started early from Olympia and hit the trail by 9:00 in the morning. There were maybe 6 other cars at that time. When I finished, there were over 20 cars in the parking lot. Waaaay too many! The trail was really nice. I used yaktrax on the snow/ice section of the trail. I am glad that I had them because the snow was starting to melt from the sun and was rather slippery. The summit was a little crowded for my liking but definitely not as bad as it would have been for those starting later in the day.

A fun hike in February with great views at the top. Enough snow the last 1/2 mile to remind you it's winter but easy enough to walk on that I only used hiking poles. A gradual climb that never felt steep, I'd rate it as moderate. I hit the trail by 8am and missed the crowd at the top but passed all the same people on the way down that Scott D. mentioned. The parking lot is only big enough for maybe a dozen cars and the top of the peak is only so big. The road doesn't have a lot of turn outs either so it is not an ideal situation for lots of cars. I probably won't be hiking this trail on a weekend again. The trail was in great shape though.