Bead Lake Trail

Bead Lake Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newport, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Directions from Newport: Follow US 2 across the Pend Oreille River into Idaho. Turn north on the first road on the other side of the bridge. This will be LeClerc Rd (County Rd 9305). Follow LeClerc for approximately 6 miles and then turn right onto Forest Road 3215. Continue on this road for half a mile to the trailhead. The parking area is on the south side of the road and is designated by signs.

I did this on a frosty day in December. I was recovering from the flu, so I was planning on doing a couple of miles, and quitting, but it was so lovely, I went all of the way in and out. One of the things I like about this hike is the fact that you don't need to drive for three hours on a rocky track to get there. It's paved road most of the way. The trail is easy to find, and easy to follow. It loops around the shore of the lake, so you almost always have a nice view. Even with snow on the trail, it was easy going most of the way. There are a couple of camp sites along the route. It looks like a pleasant place to have an overnight camp in better weather.

Very enjoyable hike, suitable for all age groups. Beautiful fall day, with a little fog hanging in the low areas. Much more beautiful than I expected. Saw a deer shed along the trail, along with the beautiful fall colors

The trail was a little slippery and loose at the end, but we have had a bit of rain. The entire hike was gorgeous.

Beautiful lake and a well maintained trail.

Great hike, easy for little kids! We took our 6 kids ranging 16 down to 2 and they all had a blast!

Beautiful trail! Easy, well maintained, gorgeous lake, backpacking opportunities.

The trail was gorgeous! The scenery fantastic!!!

Loved it. Beautiful views!

Nice trail.

Loved this hike. Beautiful

Enjoyed hiking alongside the lake and taking in beautiful views of Bead Lake which you have a view of from the trail I'd guesstimate about 80% of the time. I also checked out each of the campsites with Campsite #2 being my favorite if I were to ever camp here. I wasn't that enchanted by Enchantment Campsite as it is right along the trail with no direct view of the lake and needs quite a bit of TLC.

The trail is really well maintained and there are numerous gorgeous flowers in bloom. The only part of the trail that would need maintenance is the last 1.1 mile segment. However, if you enjoy hiking through a bit of vegetation and easily stepping over a couple of fallen trees then I recommend you hike this last bit, as well. Reason is that there are a couple different wildflowers to view along this last segment plus a cute little waterfall. As far as additional view of the lake it is just neat to look back on the other side where you were just hiking, but not anything to oooohhh-aaaaahhhh over if you'd prefer not to trek through brush.

I parked in the fee free parking area. When I walked from my car to the trailhead I didn't realize there was a shortcut from the upper parking lot. I figured that there would be one, but I exited the parking lot the same way as I entered it with my car so didn't see the trail leading down. Corrected my error on the way back to my car and hiked up the shortcut. =)

we had a blast! my son and I packed in and camped over night. We had a young doe in our camp the whole time! It was a great experience. can't wait to do it again!

What a epic hike! Truly breathtaking that both our dogs and partner loved it as well!!!

Lake is awesome not many spots to get to it but a few and it's so clear. I can't wait to go and kayak there.

Wonderful!!