Bead Lake Trail

Bead Lake Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newport, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Directions from Newport: Follow US 2 across the Pend Oreille River into Idaho. Turn north on the first road on the other side of the bridge. This will be LeClerc Rd (County Rd 9305). Follow LeClerc for approximately 6 miles and then turn right onto Forest Road 3215. Continue on this road for half a mile to the trailhead. The parking area is on the south side of the road and is designated by signs.

I did this on a frosty day in December. I was recovering from the flu, so I was planning on doing a couple of miles, and quitting, but it was so lovely, I went all of the way in and out. One of the things I like about this hike is the fact that you don't need to drive for three hours on a rocky track to get there. It's paved road most of the way. The trail is easy to find, and easy to follow. It loops around the shore of the lake, so you almost always have a nice view. Even with snow on the trail, it was easy going most of the way. There are a couple of camp sites along the route. It looks like a pleasant place to have an overnight camp in better weather.

Very enjoyable hike, suitable for all age groups. Beautiful fall day, with a little fog hanging in the low areas. Much more beautiful than I expected. Saw a deer shed along the trail, along with the beautiful fall colors

The trail was a little slippery and loose at the end, but we have had a bit of rain. The entire hike was gorgeous.

Beautiful lake and a well maintained trail.

Great hike, easy for little kids! We took our 6 kids ranging 16 down to 2 and they all had a blast!

Beautiful trail! Easy, well maintained, gorgeous lake, backpacking opportunities.

The trail was gorgeous! The scenery fantastic!!!

Loved it. Beautiful views!

Nice trail.

Loved this hike. Beautiful

Enjoyed hiking alongside the lake and taking in beautiful views of Bead Lake which you have a view of from the trail I'd guesstimate about 80% of the time. I also checked out each of the campsites with Campsite #2 being my favorite if I were to ever camp here. I wasn't that enchanted by Enchantment Campsite as it is right along the trail with no direct view of the lake and needs quite a bit of TLC.

The trail is really well maintained and there are numerous gorgeous flowers in bloom. The only part of the trail that would need maintenance is the last 1.1 mile segment. However, if you enjoy hiking through a bit of vegetation and easily stepping over a couple of fallen trees then I recommend you hike this last bit, as well. Reason is that there are a couple different wildflowers to view along this last segment plus a cute little waterfall. As far as additional view of the lake it is just neat to look back on the other side where you were just hiking, but not anything to oooohhh-aaaaahhhh over if you'd prefer not to trek through brush.

I parked in the fee free parking area. When I walked from my car to the trailhead I didn't realize there was a shortcut from the upper parking lot. I figured that there would be one, but I exited the parking lot the same way as I entered it with my car so didn't see the trail leading down. Corrected my error on the way back to my car and hiked up the shortcut. =)

we had a blast! my son and I packed in and camped over night. We had a young doe in our camp the whole time! It was a great experience. can't wait to do it again!

What a epic hike! Truly breathtaking that both our dogs and partner loved it as well!!!

Lake is awesome not many spots to get to it but a few and it's so clear. I can't wait to go and kayak there.

Wonderful!!

Comfortable hike. Started at trailhead on Bead Lake Ridge Rd. Parking area wasn't too well marked but I figured it out. Passed near two camp spots on lake. Crossed small wooden bridges that were recently made. Went hour out, hour back. Saw nice views of lake. Temps 38 degrees with fog-chilly but warmed up ok with some uphill stretches.

I hiked this with a group of leave-no-trace friends and we had a great time. Hiked in 7 miles, camped, relaxed, and left no trace :)

Somehow we didn't end up doing the 6.4mi hike. Ended up doing about 11mi hike. Lots of snow, ended up walking across the icy lake. Don't recommend to go mid march.

This is a very beautiful trail. The water is nice and clear; however it is not right next to the lake. Though there are spots you can walk down to it. It also looks like a great place to fish and according to fish and game this is a year around fishing hole. When we walk down to it there was a bunch of small fish (about 1 to 4 inches long) coming right up to shore to have a look around. I really enjoyed myself and there also is a nice camping spot with a campfire area. I recommend this for anybody. The trail was not hard only towards the end it gets steep other than that it was a nice walk.

Rode the full loop last weekend which is about 17 miles. Too long for hiking but a very good mountain biking experience that includes many different types of trails and scenery. We started just north of Mystic Lake at the high point if the loop at about 3,600 feet. From there you drop a few hundred before climbing again to access the trailhead which is well marked at the far north end of a draw that drops down to the northernmost end of the lake. If you do this loop I highly recommend you do it clockwise to avoid hiking your bike up that steep draw for over 1,000 ft. Lake trail is nice and did not see any other users. Saw no wildlife either but lots if fresh moose poop and some bear too. Once to the end of Bead on the lakeshore trail, you pass the local cabins on the frontage road before hitting the logging road that passes Noname Lake, a rock quarry, follows a stream to the junction which now climbs about 1,300 feet past Mystic Lake and up to the high point which finishes the loop. Excellent mountain biking trip.....the actual lakeshore portion, if mountain biking, is not the best part....do the loop.