Barclay Lake Trail

Barclay Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Everett, E on US 2 to mile marker 41. Left (just past marker) on FSR 6024 4.6 miles to trailhead at end of road.

Great trail for dogs and young kids. Easy hike with little elevation gain. Most of the trail is along a nice river. Barclay lake is beautiful. Made the hike in late November and the trail was still in good condition.

This was a perfect hike for beginners. Gradual incline, beautiful scenery, lovely stream that you follow to a majestic lake. We saw less than a dozen people on the trail, but we were there around noon on a Friday in November. It is probably more popular in the summer and weekends. The only thing to note is that you drive 4 miles up an unpaved road, our crossover had no problems (few pot holes). Also parking requires a NW Forest Pass or $5, Discover Pass NOT valid.

Great hike for beginners. My husband and I and our 2 Chihuahuas are newbies and finished in about 3.5 hours out and back with hanging out at the lake for about 30 minutes. Beautiful view of the mountains and the elevation climbs and flat areas even out and give you plenty of time to catch your breath. Amazing first hike!

There's a $5 fee for the hike. After the turn of from Hwy 2 there's a 4 miles well maintained with very few potholes to the trailhead. I didn't hike it because I think walking in the forest should be free. That's why we have taxes. I swear if someone could figure out how to charge for the air we breath, they would. I guess I've been lucky because so far I haven't had to pay. All trails needs to add that to their filter.

7/2/2016 (Saturday) - The trail condition is very good, downed trees have all been cleared, muds are almost dried. Not too many cars this morning. The gravel road to the trailhead is also mostly in good condition without large or deep potholes. The view of Baring Mountain is fascinating if the weather is fine. If it's cloudy, the lake is still enjoyable. There are many campers, many kids, so late comers may not easily find a place near the waterfront. The bridge across the creek is photogenic.

Easy and beautiful

Other than the weather, this was a great bike. We ended up hiking up and back twice during the weekend. Very easy hike, and a short distance. Beautiful scenery the whole way. View over the lake looking at Mount Vernon was amazing. In spite of the pouring rain, we very much enjoyed ourselves, and will definitely do this again.

Really great trail. Very muddy, which I actually like!

Great hike! Easy hike. Path was very muddy by very maintained. Definitely a hike to go backpacking, there were spots for campsites along the lake that were flat, open enough, and had fire pits set up. It was very wet so consider the weather when planning your trip.

It was like fairy tell

Great hike. I took my 5 year old daughter on this hike for her first overnight. The trail is good for all ages, not too challenging thanks to trail crews that cleared the downed trees. The lake is peaceful and the campsites are nice.

Lots of trees down across the trail, but the view is absolutely beautiful!

geocaching

The trail was good though a bit crowded.

Easy hike to the lake with my 5 year old daughter. The trail is in good shape, which was a concern after last weeks wind storm. Campsites are in good condition. Met 4-5 other small groups there for overnight. Rain came down hard starting at 8PM and continued for most of the night. In the morning the trail had some puddles built up, but nothing to worry about.