Washington & Old Dominion Trail

Washington & Old Dominion Trail is a 29.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vienna, VA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Paved trail that runs from Purcellville to Arlington Virginia. Nice for biking, running, or walking.

This trail is behind my house and I walk my dog on it all the time! It's cool and quiet with lots of places to explore with my pup! It's clean and well maintained!

I have biked along this trail in Leesburg and Ashburn; my sister and I went long boarding on the trail heading towards Leesburg from Purcellville. The trail is generally flat with very mild slopes here and there, depending on the part of the trail you are on. It's great for biking and jogging because it is predictable and safe from roads and cars (compared to running or biking on the street or sidewalk). This makes it a desirable location for kids and pets as well. Teens use it for skateboarding and long boarding, while slightly younger kids bike and people walk their dogs. It is mostly surrounded by trees and offers shade more than half of the time. This makes it a cool and peaceful environment.