White Oak Canyon Trail - From Skyline Dr

White Oak Canyon Trail - From Skyline Dr is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syria, Virginia that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trail is great but parking is terrible. Be prepared to pay some guy $10 to park on his land if the trail parking area is full.

Favorite trail of all time!

We hiked from the top ( skyline dr) down to the top of the first falls. (Huge). Very gradual grade, with several wading pools. Beautiful trail. About a 5 mile round trip doing it this way.

Trail is awesome!! Lots of falls! Be ready for a workout!!

wow just wow. we did this trail with an 8 year old, 14 year old, 16 year old and two adults. It was long and buggy in spots but WOW JUST WOW the falls. I have seen 50 waterfalls in the last 365 days and this was a highlight for sure. We were actually able to swim under and play under the falls. The kids thought this was unreal awesome. beware don't startle there are little fish that nibble at your feet at the base of the falls. We had lunch on the rocks under the falls. The water was cold but man you had to do it just to say you swam under the falls. ! :) porta potties at the trailhead only.

I went on a Friday. There were a few field trips there, but I was able to squeeze my vehicle into the lot. I climbed up the White Oak Falls Trail, turned left onto the White Oak Fire Trail, then turned left again onto the Cedar Run Trail which took me back down to the parking area. It was a 7.6 miles journey with a 2263 ft climb, and worth every step once I passed the all of the people at the lower falls. Get there early or go on a weekday if you intend to park for free.

This was a very strenuous, close to 9 mile hike. I carried 2 liters of water but I ran out close to the last mile. There is no cell phone signal all through so download maps if you must. The best part of this hike is that you see streams, waterfalls, and swimming holes all over. Take frequent breaks and get in the water every opportunity you get.

Loved it. 7 and 9 year old hiked it great and we swam in quite a few of the pools. 7 year old loved natural rock slide. Great time, only 4 stars because there were a lot of people.