Westmoreland State Park

DIFFICULTY 12 reviews

Westmoreland State Park is located near Montross, VA. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible from March until November.

First time take our dog on a trail hike. My pace was slower because of all of the smells he encountered. Few people on trail which worked good for me because I wasn't sure how he would be on trail, but will do it again with him.

Great view and trail run!!

Beautiful campsites walking distance from the river.

Park boasted it was the best park in all of Virginia at the entrance. I doubted it, and then I saw fossil beach. While it may not be the most intense hike, Turkey Neck trail was enjoyable and if you run it you'll sweat! Really great conservation trail with exercise stations at intervals, this place has me thinking about a membership.

Loved it we took a rescue pup here and it was a lot of work but the small beach was fun and the site was amazing!

One of my favorite places to car camp. very convenient, firewood provided and electric to make a a pot of coffee in the morning. We always take the trail to the beach to look for sharks teeth. like others said, the trails are not going to get you a great workout. just a quiet relaxing place in the woods.

Beautiful trails and great view of th eriver with picnic tables and camping available to stay for extended periods of time.

Decent campsites, went Labor Day weekend. Pitched a tent with boyfriend, sister stayed in an rv, and we had one friend in a hammock. Too close together for my taste but way better than a KOA by all means. Decent sized lots, each with picnic table, firepit, electric and water. We didn't have septic, but there wash house is close. The trails were more of a short walk than a 'hike' but pretty scenery and well maintained- one leads to the beach where you can pan for shark teeth. There's a huge pool, paddleboat/canoe/kayak rentals and a snack stand. Had a really good time overall!

Great, laid back day hike. I love to come here to destress.

have never camped here but the sites seem nice and level. as for hiking I would say it is more of an afternoon stroll but fun and relaxing, excellent for families with smaller children. there are also many other activities if you want more

I stayed for the first time at this state park and a last min 4th of July vacation. The facilities were great and lots of activities in and around the park. Activities such as hikeing, boating, swimming in a full size pool. There are also many great historic land marks and monuments to visit. This is great for families and a single light adventurer.