Wahrani Nature Park Trails

Wahrani Nature Park Trails is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Lanexa, VA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Awesome. Go passed the power lines to find Legendary Trail D.

I go there about once a week. It's great with the tree cover. If you get a late start in the morning and the sun is all the way up, not a problem. The trees keep the cool in. Nice clean air.

A pretty little hike! I took a little boy I babysit and we had a blast. Perfect for beginners. The trail isn't very well marked, but has been improved since my first visit. There are benches along the trail as well as swings and a play area for kids at the front of the park.

A nice walk in the woods. I was not getting reception for tracking and it is poorly marked, so I think I did the right trail. It felt like 3 miles. Confusing or not, it was a total joy to hike. No great river or mountain views, but if you like solitude in the woods, it did offer that. I did not encounter any other people, but there was a car in the parking lot.

Not marked very well, but if you walk far enough there is a few graves. Very nice, non strenuous hike.

Great little hidden jewel of a park. While the blaze markers should just be ignored, they are so confusing, once you get your bearings here there's a lot to enjoy.

Horrible. Not marked or well kept.

Beautiful park if you're looking to get lost in the woods. No real scenic views, just a beautiful dense forest. There was a light rain and I barely got wet. Very difficult to navigate with poor markings, but small enough that you won't get truly lost. There is a gravesite for Captain John Long, an 18th century sea captain, but after 2 hours walking around, I never did find it . Maybe next time. It's supposed to have a trail for mountain biking, but none of the trails I found myself on seemed appropriate for it.

Decent enough trail, but it was not very well marked on the backside, which resulted in me having to bushwhack for a few hundred feet until I found another trail to follow.

A miniature rollercoaster with plenty of little valleys and hills. Not a bad primer for someone building themselves up for the AT.