Virginia Capital Trail

Virginia Capital Trail is a 42.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Charles City, VA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

42.1 miles 889 feet Point to Point

Capital Trail 2218 Jamestown Road Williamsburg, VA 2318

It was very early in the morning. Not sure I was even fully awake. We went down to the river and enjoyed it.

Not the best section of the Capital trail, but if it is a bucket list item for you then do it. We did it early this morning and were the only riders.

Love this ride. Take the side trips down to the river landings. Spot some eagles and be sure to eat at Cul's Courthouse Grill in Charles City CH

This trail is better suited for walking if you live in the local neighborhood. It is best used for bike riding, or jogging. I attempted to walk it from out of town but found it a bit bland. I drove along the road instead. This is part of the intended Virginia Capital Trail. Visit the link for more information:

I enjoyed riding the paved trail out and back with a picnic lunch. There were others cycling though not crowded. I look forward to the entire CapToCap being completed!