Turkey Run Ridge Trail

Turkey Run Ridge Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Triangle, VA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

We did this trail today, it's actually three trails joined together. We started by parking at Parking lot A and we headed up Turkey Run Ridge Trail. It meets up with Old Black Top Rd. after the TREC. Then the next trail is on the left and it's called High Meadows Trail. It heads south over the Scenic Drive Rd to meet up with the South Vally Trail. Make a left and it heads all the way back to parking lot A. I tracked the whole thing with my Fitbit app and it was over 8 miles total. There are some hilly areas, lots of rocks and roots but it is an easy hike and some of it runs along beside the creek.

We parked at Lot A off Scenic View Drive in Prince William Forrest park and hiked clockwise. Nice hike and the terrain was not difficult.

Nice trail with lots of scenic variations. Absolutely verdant in late spring.

I nice relaxing descent from the Turkey Run Education Center down to the south valley trail. I completed this on a nice autumn afternoon - Black Friday specifically. Whereas the crowds might have been out shopping, I enjoyed the quietness of this place.