Three Ridges

Three Ridges is a 13.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tyro, VA that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

This trail was great! However, I found the trail to be very difficult, but that's because I'm overweight. There are several inclines that are steep and rocky but the view at the top is absolutely gorgeous. So glad I went!

YouTube edit I made of our overnight hike.

5 of us hiked this over a weekend and it was great. The ridges offer incredible views. Would definitely go back. We camped about halfway at harpers creek shelter where there are fire pits and you can filter water from the creek. Some of the uphill climbs are pretty strenuous but well worth it.

We hiked this on a foggy day and later in the day it was rainy. A long and hard hike. I'm sure had we had any views it would have been spectacular.

We did this trail in a day... Don't do it unless you wanna enjoy it. Almost stepped on a rattlesnake.

Great trail for doing an overnight backpack. For complete trail description, free pdf map of the trail, trailhead directions, more photos, etc, see: hikingupward dot com GWNF ThreeRidges