Staunton River Trail to Bear Church Rock

Staunton River Trail to Bear Church Rock is a 7.3 mile out and back trail located near Madison, VA that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

7.3 miles 1983 feet Out & Back

it is secluded and a nice hike but not a great view for the effort.

One of the best hikes

this is really a beautiful trail. We chose it as a second hike because we couldn't find the Pine Hill trail. We only had a few hrs and did 7 miles. It's a great trail area for family because you can go as far you want and always have a creek near by.

This hike is great. Swimming holes, waterfalls, a great view, and a cabin. When including the spur to the cabin, the hike becomes 8.1 miles with a 2130 foot gain. It was recommended that I go to the overlook first and follow it up with the cabin, and I'm glad I followed that suggestion. The falls are not quite as magical as White Oak Falls, but the view is 10x better and the solitude can't be beat.

This trail was absolutely gorgeous. Went in July & swam in little pockets of water that were like swimming holes. It wasn't too hot because the canopy was very heavy and of course the stops in the cold water was a great cool down too. The blazes were well taken care of, so it was easy to follow the trail & we saw a beaver and some deer in the beginning of the trail. I am sure if we got there early enough, we'd see bears.