Sky Meadows: Rolling Meadows Trail

Sky Meadows: Rolling Meadows Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Upperville, VA that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

No dogs allowed. Most of the terrain is fairly smooth, looks very safe for people and horses. The Lost Mountain Trail and Washington's Ridge trail both are accessable from this trail, but are labeled by the state park as horseback only, not hiking. Very pretty fields and a few areas of young growth forest. The day we went was very foggy, so I can't say much for the views, but I hear they are some of the best. A rider we passed said that on a sunny day, it is the "most beautiful place in the world". The trails are very wide, there are two areas where you have to cross creeks, but they are shallow and pretty narrow. Overall a nice hike and good for people just getting started in hiking or wanting a nice walk with the kids. Some great photo ops for the nature photographer.

More of a walk than a hike. Fields are nice but don't provide much excitement

This trail was much nicer than I expected. On a cold January day it was still scenic, so I MUST return this summer. I still need to do the rest of the trails in the park so if I have time, this one is worth repeating. There is some elevation gain, but not all at once, so you will hardly notice.

One of the most beautiful hikes I have ever been on. Beautiful views no matter where you are in the park!

One of my favorite hikes yet!! This was beautiful, with awesome views and creeks streaming by. I definitely recommend this hike.