Sharp Top Trail

Sharp Top Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bedford, VA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A wonderful hike...short but steep to tremendous views. I even got it in before the crowds arrived on a beautiful day after Thanksgiving. Amazingly I was the only one at the summit, having lots of fun climbing the stone steps amongst the huge boulders. I picked the perfect way to burn off some calories from the day before!

great trail. very scenic and awesome work out!

Well marked, a little crowded, but amazing views after a short hike!

sharp top is an amazing hike well maintained, lightly populated, and gorgeous views! buuuut there were swarms of flying ants at the peak i know its a seasonal thing but its my only complaint lol

Best ever hike, view and experience

I would not classify this as a hard hike. Yes it is fairly steep, but there are plenty of places to sit and rest. It is also a fairly short hike. But overall a very fun and rewarding hike.

Did this as a night hike. The views were still amazing and the trail was easily passable and we'll maintained. I recommend this trail to everyone even though I considered it just south of difficult.

There is an amazing view at the top.

Absolutely loved this hike! It's steep enough to be tiring for such a short trail, and the view is beyond amazing! Highly recommend.

great trail and well maintained, there are some sharp rocks on this walk so wear proper boots.

We had a great time! Our 2.5 year old and 6 year old both made it - but it was challenging for them. Great views and weather. If you plan to ride the bus back down, you need a ticket from the BOTTOM of the mountain.

Plenty of parking with restrooms. Well maintained trail, some steps, beautiful boulders and platform at the summit, great for panoramic views and photos. My friend took me and I didn't know anything about it so wasn't expecting it to be so steep, but the path is clean and easy.
The guy a couple meters ahead of us saw a bear cross the path and scramble up the hill, but we missed it.
So glad I did this one... Would do it again.

The view doesn't get any better.

This trail is as good as it gets. 1.5 miles One Direction up. I was fooled by the timid start, wide wooden steps , a well-maintained lawn, thought I was on a golf course. I wanted a good workout, and I got it. The first half of the course is a fairly steep grade, takes you through a nice part of the forest, the path is dirt rocks and roots. The second half is steep, with many rock set steps. As you near the top large stacked boulders begin to emerge. The incredible thing about these boulders is they look like they were placed there intentionally, teetering on one another. Although the hike up the steep, with many steps, I don't consider it a risky climb, there are railings were needed. However, as far as risky, we did cross pathes with a diamondback rattlesnake shaking his tail, unfortunately he was gone by the time we got our cameras. The next time I will be wearing my boots. So, finally at the top, it opens up into what I consider one of the most beautiful and scenic areas in Virginia. E Normas boulders, with chiseled stairs that wind all the way to the top with a spectacular 360° view that cannot be described. Enjoy

Beautiful

Nice place!

Spectacular views at the top. Well worth the climb!

Steep but short. The views are my favorite in Virginia thus far and the rocks at the top are great to rest on to take it all in.