Salamander Loop Trail

Salamander Loop Trail is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fredericksburg, VA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Look for the Ni River Trail sign to the right as you turn into the Business Center. There are 4 easy trails to choose from. Some of this is ADA accessible. Great place for birding. Farm Pond Trail Upland Forest Trail Vernal Pond Trail Ni River Trail

Easy Peaceful trail with informative markers identifying tree species along the way. Great for kids and pets.

Simple, fairly flat, well shaded trails. I started by following along the Farm Pond trail, then back towards the trailhead where I hooked up to the Upland Forest trail, jumped on the Vernal Pond trail. This leads back to the Upland forest trail and connects you to theNi River Trail. I took this out and back to the Farm Pond trail and then back to the trail head. This was approx 2.75 fun miles.

Easy little hiking trail that I did with our 4 yr old. There are a few trails here; one is ADA. Salamander loop is easy and fun. I will admit that when you get to the trail that follows the Ni river it gets a little thinner and is closed during hunting season.