Rockwood Park Trails

Rockwood Park Trails is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, VA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love jogging around this trail. It is so wonderful and each time brings a new adventure and wonderful things to see like crossing the bridges, exploring through the tree, or going down by the reservoir.

It was gorgeous and had different scenery and obstacles around each corner
So much fun!!!
I hike at this park a few times a week with my dogs :)

I have been using these Trails for many years. I have mountain biked on them, and have done a great deal of walking on them. The main trail is paved and hilly and is great for strollers and what not. A good workout for walking. the crossover trails and pond trails are dirt and very good for walking or mountain biking. I just have to be careful and watch for other people. the scenery is great and the paths are well-maintained. I would highly recommend Rockwood Park!

There were a number of trails to choose from. I picked one of the paved trails so my sun could ride his bike along with me while I jogged. The trail we picked had multiple stop points with exercise suggestions (like stretching, monkey bars, pull ups, push ups, etc.) We loved the scenery with trees, picnic spots, nature, a lake (pond), plants! This trail was paved, but there were others that were not. There were also multiple grade changes and some of the trails crossed, so you could easily make your hike or run shorter or longer by changing paths. Very kid friendly, too.

This review is of the Orange Circle Trail. This was a very nice walk with some challenging (for me) grade changes. The trail markers were pretty sparse in some areas which made me wonder if I was still going the right way, but overall, it is well marked. The trail borders a private pond, and it would have been great if fishing was allowed. It's a multi-use trail so I passed a runner and two guys on mountain bikes while I was there.