Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail

Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle Rock, Virginia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Directions from Roanoke, VA: Take I-81, Exit 150 to US 220 north past Eagle Rock. At VA 615, turn left and go 5.5 miles to VA 621. Turn right onto VA 621 and go 1 mile to Roaring Run entrance on left. Driving distance from I-81 is 27.5 miles; estimated driving time is 40 minutes.

1 minute ago

For a short hike, the scenery was great. Along the river on the way up which was moving quickly over many cascades. The falls at the top were a great destination and the woodland path down had some nice views and the quiet rumble of the river in the distance.

I love a trail with fast moving water and waterfalls. This was a nice trail.

I did this a couple days ago. Roaring run is gorgeous. The whole hike was nice.

it was fun took then woodland trail

I would have given this Trail 5 Stars had I got to spend more time on it. I was literally on my way into Roanoke from Covington and I was still on the clock at the time needless to say I realized that it was only a 10 to 15 minute detour so I figured why not... And boy was I amazed I only got to hike up to the main Falls and back using the lower Creekside Trail but I would totally go back and can easily see myself spending a day there! I can't wait to go back might even do it this Sunday!

Got a wild hair to find a short trail to hike while in Covington on business. Wow! Beautiful! Can't wait to come back and bring the kids.

Beautiful!!! Great for everyone! Lots to see!

beautiful

Great hike short with great waterfalls. Good hike for beginners, kids, or just an easy stroll through the woods.

This is an awesome, easy, scenic hike!

Did the shorter Roaring Run hike with my dog and 2 year old and had a blast. Hike is easy and I wore her in a back up but she was able to walk down. The swim holes/ slides are fun. Great family hike.