Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail

Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle Rock, VA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Directions from Roanoke, VA: Take I-81, Exit 150 to US 220 north past Eagle Rock. At VA 615, turn left and go 5.5 miles to VA 621. Turn right onto VA 621 and go 1 mile to Roaring Run entrance on left. Driving distance from I-81 is 27.5 miles; estimated driving time is 40 minutes.

I love a trail with fast moving water and waterfalls. This was a nice trail.

I did this a couple days ago. Roaring run is gorgeous. The whole hike was nice.

it was fun took then woodland trail

I would have given this Trail 5 Stars had I got to spend more time on it. I was literally on my way into Roanoke from Covington and I was still on the clock at the time needless to say I realized that it was only a 10 to 15 minute detour so I figured why not... And boy was I amazed I only got to hike up to the main Falls and back using the lower Creekside Trail but I would totally go back and can easily see myself spending a day there! I can't wait to go back might even do it this Sunday!

Got a wild hair to find a short trail to hike while in Covington on business. Wow! Beautiful! Can't wait to come back and bring the kids.

Beautiful!!! Great for everyone! Lots to see!

beautiful

Great hike short with great waterfalls. Good hike for beginners, kids, or just an easy stroll through the woods.

This is an awesome, easy, scenic hike!

Did the shorter Roaring Run hike with my dog and 2 year old and had a blast. Hike is easy and I wore her in a back up but she was able to walk down. The swim holes/ slides are fun. Great family hike.

absolutely awesome! well maintained. Gorgeous scenery. Great historical feature. The swimming hole is nice. The people all seem very polite when on this trail. Not too difficult at all, on the lower trail, but the upper hike will get your blood up some.

Definitely wasn't what I would consider an easy hike at least not from Roaring Run. The upper loop trail had a crazy amount of stinging nettles towards the top. If you're feeling determined I'd recommend bringing a machete. I gave this trail 4 stars because it really needs some work. Other than that a good hike.

Great hiking!
Great fly fishing!

update. i did the upper hoop h9le and like in another comment, encountered a TON of stinging nettles....i was in shorts....about a 1/2 mile worth......was not fun. so wear pants and a long sleeve shirt or go in early spring or late fall! lower is still great tho.

Great trail for a rainy weekend hike. Camped on the Lower Loop. Hiked full loops and Iron Ore Trail to Roaring Run Falls.