Beaver Loop

Beaver Loop is a 6.7 mile loop trail located near Triangle, VA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The first and last sections of this hike are through the deciduous woods of the rolling Piedmont terrain, while the middle section follows the bank of the South Branch Quantico Creek as it tumbles over the rocks cutting its way to the Potomac. A watchful eye will detect the presence of beavers in numerous spots along the stream. Although you're not likely to see one of the furry fellows, the indiscriminately felled trees and the pointed stumps are sure signs that they're nearby.

Not terribly easy. The markings for the trails are very far apart and I ended up on a different trail than I started. It took a while to get back to parking (but that's my fault) and there aren't maps anywhere besides at the incredibly crowded visitors center. Get there early to avoid boy/Cub Scout retreats.

It not a easy trail.. I get lost end up walk the last little bit on the road... but walk most of the time walk near the river/creek and very peaceful.. I will be doing it again hop I can find the full loop.. it right behind the bathroom on turkey run road it yellow to orange to white blaze..

This is a good trail. We got started a little late, and were worried it was going to get dark before we were finished, so we ended up cutting the last third of the trail off and walking back along the road to the parking lot.

It took us a minute to find the trailhead. It is on the back side of the building, and there is a concrete post a couple of feet high. From there you should be able to see the blazes.

My son and I have hiked this trail at least 6 times, winter-time being our favorite time to check it out. Very well marked/maintained. It's a great mix of beauty and moderate to easy activity. Almost all of the trails in the PW Nat'l Forrest are great for trail-running as well as day-hikes.

Nice hike. Multiple trails, make it as long or short as you like. Patches along water with bridges and looks of good photo ops.

The forest is beautiful, and the trail is very well maintained. It seems perfect for trail running. Take a break on the rocks in South Fork Quantico Creek just west of the steep section of the South Valley Trail. We saw deer throughout the hike and encountered only 10-15 other people (mostly trail runners) during our 3.5 hrs on the trail.