Pony Pasture Rapids Trails

Pony Pasture Rapids Trails is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, VA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

lovely path for the feel of Fall and beautiful river views.

We have taken the boys and the dog here many times. Great place to ride bikes, run the dog, and get in the river.

Great swimming and river wading to boulders after loose pack trail running. Flat. Good for recovery day

Cool hang out spot or great place to launch kayaks.
Parking is limited as it fills up pretty quickly on wknds. Over 150 parking spots are filled with people waiting by 11am. Seems like a locals meeting/social place to have drinks together as you lay on the rocks or swim in the Rapids but no one is rowdy or loud. This is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Whenever the water is over 5ft life jackets are required. Other then that there aren't many restrictions as to what you can and can't do.

Awesome next to the river

We did with 3 kids and everybody had fun, it was easy and flat... Lots of people were hanging around the river.

Great little walk for my toddler and I.

It was a beautiful location but I was a little creeped out by some of the people just hanging out. I was hiking alone in day time and I still didn't feel 100% safe. With a friend it's probably best. Also it was not well marked so I was not always co didn't I was on the correct path. There are many little spur paths.

Peaceful easy nature walk. Couldn't complete the entire track due to some of the path being flooded, but what I got to was a great morning walk by the river.

We were on our way back from Kentucky and hiked this gem right before the rain got too heavy.

Great late afternoon hike.

fly fishing

nice place to fly fish

Peaceful and very easy. Good to do with kids.

Nice trail for beginner group of hikers.

Nice river walk. Take the time to walk the boulders and swim in the summer.

It's a nice family trail

Beautiful scenery. We went in the morning and saw an osprey, a heron, and lots of turtles sunning themselves. We recommend wearing pants in the summer, there was a lot of poison ivy growing close to the narrower paths. Otherwise, a great hike for adults, kids, and dogs.