Overall Run Trail

Overall Run Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bentonville, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

7.3 miles 2037 feet Loop

great trail. very steep steps and intense hike at times but safe trail. I went out and back on the waterfall side which has places to sit and watch the waterfalls.

Pretty nice trail, not very many people on it.

Absolutely beautiful! After I parked, I started my walk to the trail. I saw quite a few "no trespassing" signs on either side of the road, which made me nervous, but I continued on straight and I found the trail. The trail is public, and marked with blue lines on the trees so you know you're still on the right track.
There was 1 other person on the trail by the "pools". After chatting with her, I found out she lives there. She was impressed I found it, but the directions were spot on!

Really rocky hike with lots of uphill climbing. About a mile in, we ran into overall run pools which is an awesome place to go swimming. On the rest of the hike, we ran into three more waterfalls, one of them being the tallest one in the Shenandoah National Forest. We even saw a bear! Take plenty of water and a snack.

really rocky hike, but waterfall and view is worth it

Mostly uphill and a lot of Rocks. I would do it again but where we started was really wet and muddy. I think you definitely need a good pair of hiking boots.

Long hike with lots of uphill climbing. The view though, makes it all worth it! Amazing!!!

Hiked this with the family 2 years ago. The Overall Run pools (Seven Pools) is amazing, cool, and refreshing. Take a dip in the pools or a leap into the the big pool (about 9 feet deep but pull your legs up.) This hike and swim was worth it. Be mindful of the Timber Rattlesnake that may be in and around the trail.

I hiked the Overall Run trail on Sunday, November 8th after heavy rains from last week. The creeks and the waterfalls brought a lots of water. It was so fun to wade the streams with sticks and hands.
The trees were almost bare and the falling leaves made a good cushion on the trail, slippery though. It was such different view as I have seen in the fall peak however the views at the summit, the forest and the streams were absolutely beautiful. The almost 2000 ft ascent was well deserved it.

Michelle and I hiked this trail on August 9th, 2015. This trail was a lot of fun to hike. If you park at the camping area, you can cut a mile or two off the distance. If you'd like to see lots of pictures of this trail, you can go to my blog and view them here: http://frankdecairehiking.blogspot.com/2015/08/virginia-shenandoah-national-park.html

This a gorgeous trail but it is somewhat deceptive. Shenandoah National Park runs along the mountain ridge so any hike you do from there is going to be a hike down first and then back up. With that being said, you kike down about 1700 feet and it is hardly noticeable but you also have to climb back up which is an elevation gain of the same amount. We went in August and the falls were lower than normal but they were still beautiful.