North Anna Battlefield Park Trails

North Anna Battlefield Park Trails is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Doswell, VA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

2.3 miles Out & Back

Nice trail to the river. Lots of interesting history at the markers. Go in the fall or early spring before the bugs hatch or after the frost.

I enjoyed this hike with my dog on a beautiful fall morning. The trails are clean and an easy hike with only a few brief hills. My dog loved jumping in the river as a reward.

Beautiful trail

Short trail, nice pathways. The loop is about 1.75 miles. It's terrain is such that although short, made a decent trail run. Ran it once in one direction, and then a second time in the other direction. Will run it again, but will park out near the road so as to make it a roughly 5.0mile run

Hiked during 25F temp and a beautiful sunny day. Did I mention 4 kids and a dog. The trail was nice and easy. We just did the grey trail to the river and back.

Hiked the Grey and Blue trails. Total mileage was 5.22 on GPS. The diversity of plant life was interesting: Pawpaw near the river, Mountain Laurel throughout the woods, and Hemlock at ridge top. This trail has great educational markers about the battle.

This was a very enjoyable trail when my friend and I went hiking on it. Given the incline of the trail, I would hazard away from it if rain is possible.

All in all this trail is very peaceful, and very relaxing. Only ran into two couples while hiking it, both with dogs heading down to the river. Definitely a good place to go to enjoy a Saturday morning.

This is a very nice trail, there are two paths the gray and blue. The gray is fairly flat whereas the blue has more steep hills and is longer. However, I highly recommend the blue trail because it'll take you down to the North Anna River.

It's fairly quite out here when my friend and I hiked it we only meet a couple of people, all who had dogs. Seems to be a popular spot for taking dogs swimming.

Nice breezy turnaround trail. Pretty certain it's less than 2.25 round trip. More like 1.5 and 45 minutes.

Nice easy hike, little over two miles, heavy woods nice trails. Very few people along the trails.

Very nice historical (Civil War) heavily wooded park. Easy walk with descriptive signs along the trail explaining significant events during the battle. Very underused park.
Been there several times and have never met another person on the trail.