Lake Trashmore Loop Trail

Lake Trashmore Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Virginia Beach, VA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It is always nice to walk around this loop for exercise. I go with my young daughter strapped in her stroller and walk it a couple of times around. Going to get back into it now that the weather is nice again.

We caught beautiful weather to take a walk around the water. Gorgeous views and very peaceful. Lots of people working out. They built work out stations throughout the path each one explaining something different to do and with a level of experience. Really enjoyed this, will definitely return!

Fun, easy, and crowded

Too busy. Large groups having cookouts or whatever in the shelters and people running everywhere. The sky opened up and we all got wet.

Great place to go for all ages and activity levels.

Use to come here as a child all the time. So when I moved back to the area and got a puppy it became the perfect place to take him so that he could burn off some of his energy.

Pretty fun place. They have a lot of variety to it. There is a lake, a huge playground, a hill to hike up, a walking path, and a carnival. The one thing that made it four instead of five stars was the lack of bathroom access.

Like the previous reviewers have stated, this is a open concept of a city park. Many, many people, kids running all around, great place for a quick workout or a place to walk while the kids play. If you are looking for a secluded forest walk, this is not it. We enjoyed our leisurely walk with our three year old. He was thrilled that we stopped to play after our walk.

Agree with Kevin and Katina on this one. Just a city park trail, but if you live here and it's easy to get to like after work? Eh, go... There are usually a bunch of people there, but at least there's some water and the path is paved - more for runners for sure or those with strollers. I thought the stairs to the top of the mount were regular sized stairs from I-264, but being THAT wide through me off... kind of between one a two steps each... just run up and down the hills, avoiding the stairs, if that's what you're into... Even a weekday was sort of crowded after work, and not much shade... still, it'll be one of the many (and flat besides the mounts) local park trails I'll alternate visits to - just to change it up...

Too crowded & too wide open. It's like being at a gym - everyones watching.

Look, it's a city park - an ex-garbage dump turned into a city park. Right off 264, it's a convenient place to go to get a quick fitness workout. The track is about 2 miles around with 2 lakes, one on either side of the park. My preference is to stick to the upper trails on the "mount" and just do more laps. It's a better view, better workout and the foot traffic is significantly reduced. Let others plod around the provided dirt and gravel path while you stay above it all and get the wind in your face to boot. It's a good place to go if there's nothing else readily available.