Molly Mitchell Trail

Molly Mitchell Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, VA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

2.8 miles Loop

Follows near Smith Creek part of the way.

Easy trail but very muddy

easy trail with good visibility. excellent local day hike, but can get crowded on weekends/evenings.

It was a truly fun experience, me and my wife especially love the paddle boating...they were bit squeaky but it was still fun.

Don't trust the location on the map for this trail - it's in Northwest River Park. It's a nice hike, very easy, flat all the way but enough twists and winding bends (and tree roots) to make it interesting. Watch out if it's been raining, this trail floods out in several spots.

Beautiful trail. Had to adjust my navigation from the app, AllTrails put me closer to the city when the trail is actually closer to the North Carolina border. There were also many more options for trails once I got there that extended off the Molly Mitchell trail. I would not recommend running on this trail as there are a lot of exposed roots.

Beautiful forest trail. I love this kind of trail.

There is an interesting slough. I saw an otter but by the time I got the camera ready he had left. The trail runs through beautiful forest and swamp.