Marys Rock North Trail

Marys Rock North Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sperryville, VA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike, the beginning half is mostly upward so it can be difficult if you're not very active or in great shape. The actual overlook was kind of crowded so that took away from it a bit but luckily my girlfriend and I found a nice rock along the way that had a similar view and was solitary so we were able to enjoy it and take it all in.

awesome hike

Such an amazing trail. Super easy to hike and views are just

I hit this trail this morning at sunrise and felt like I was the only person in the world—I certainly was the only person on the trail. Pretty easy hike with a rewarding view. Definitely a must do

My first Shenandoah hike and it was great! Hot and humid day but the canopy cover along the hike helped a ton. Great views from the top and definitely worth adding to the list.

great trail. almost saw a bear....some lady said it was ahead but we missed it.

Beautiful view. Nicely kept trail, markers all in good condition.
This trail is dog friendly however I opted not to bring them on this hike as it was a hot day and as far as I could tell their were. O creeks along the way. Glad I did that there was only one tiny creek halfway up.
Also this trail is 3.7 miles not 3 that Alltrails says. So be aware. We expected to be at the top and it kept going! Overall very nice view. It was a great hike to take a friend of mine whom it was his first hike.

Wonderful hike where you're climbing upwards almost the entire time. We didn't get to take in the view, as a dense fog had covered the summit, but we're looking forward to hiking this again sometime.

Great hike. Date: 4/3/2016

Love Mary's rock. I don't consider it as difficult but rather moderate. Often see bears on this trail

Great and simple out and back with great views at the top.

Fun hike during spring break. Great to be able to take our dog.

This was a fun and very popular trail when we went yesterday. The view at the top was just breath taking.

Great trail that leads to a breathtaking view of the park (out of all the trails we went on, I definitely think this one offered the best scenic vista). A few things to note before you do this hike, though: NPS rated this as "moderate," but I would argue it better fits under the "moderately strenuous" (hard) rating - be ready for a workout on the ascent. It took us about ~50-55min to reach the summit, all of which was pretty much uphill. Definitely worth it, though. The trail was very well maintained - while it got rocky at parts, it's nothing that you can't manage. Wear hiking boots and bring water. Definitely will be revisiting this one in the future.

Great hike. Short but somewhat steep on way up. Excellent views from the top and good views on the way up. Would recommend continuing past Mary's Rock on the AT, as there are additional great outlooks along the way.