Lakeside Loop

Lakeside Loop is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Newport News, VA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy trail, good for all ability levels. From the park entrance you will go all the way up to Swamp Bridge and then come back down to #1 Dam Bridge on the other side. To the left of the Jefferson Avenue entrance to Newport News Park, follow the lake keeping the lake to your left until Swamp Bridge. Cross, then take every left until you are back to Dam #1 Bridge. Cross and keep right back to the beginning.

Beautiful trails. Well marked. I hiked this while the park staff was putting up their Christmas light show. Most impressive!

This trail I found to be the most challenging of the short trails as NNP, which I loved. I also got stung by a massive bee of some kind on this trail, so I will remember it for a long time!

Wonderful trail! It follows the lake most of the way but also dives into some woodland. We were out there early but there were a lot of people.

I love this park. The Lakeside Loop takes you by a lot of diverse scenery and wildlife. There were a lot of people on the trail enjoying this beautiful Saturday.