Lake Maury

Lake Maury is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newport News, VA that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice loop around a lake that has a small but decent amount of terrain change. The trail is nicely marked and includes mile markers.

Awesome, watchout for tree roots. Not crowded

Trail was easy enough to follow. Not marked when entering or exiting the trails for the access road. On a lighter note, not a fan of all the spider webs... But I was a good ride none the less.

Great place to ride its easy to find only thing is no direction on trails but awesome place in town if u haven't been go one time!!

Just finished this trail. Lots of fun. Unless I just lost the trail, you pop out to the hospital's parking lot towards the end. Some of the jumps look pretty sketchy but after you eye it out, they're not too bad. All-in-all, it was fun and I'll be back later this week with some friends.

Ratio flu area but very hard to follow trails. It's too bad because it's a beautiful area. I would not go back.

Just finished this one, very nice trail!!! I absolutely love riding here, there is a good balance beam, a teeter totter, a jump park, and some great singletrack!!!! Anyone can have fun here!!!!

SInce this is only the second trail I've been on, I'd say it is a pretty good trail.

yes, lots of roots, sometime hard to navigate, but that's the cool challenge. Rained like crazy yesterday, which made the trails even more challenging yet fun. Yeh - you can get turned around easy, but still a nice work out..

Couldn't agree with Mr. Bailey more on his review...the trails are covered in roots and the trail system is the most confusing I've ever been on. It would be great to have the organization come out and take care of this place because it definitely has potential! With the griping set aside, there are some places that we found accidentally that are being built up to some pretty decent jumps. If it hadn't poured the rain last night, causing everything to be crazy muddy, I would have definitely enjoyed them more. Im adding a link to a website that i found useful, however it is not all inclusive...

Hope this helps a little.

Loved this trail. We walked it on a beautiful spring day & even though we didn't plan on doing the whole thing we just kept going. There were tons of people out - families, runners, dog owners, etc. Lots of great wooden bridges over waterways. A great treasure in an unexpected location.

I like this trail in spite of lots of tree roots and mud.

I live in Hampton and just got into mountain biking within the past 4 months. I have tried out a few trails in Hampton and Newport News so far lake maury is my favorite by far.

This time of the year pretty tough to understand where to go... Everything is covered with leafs. No rain lately and it was pretty dry. Roots roots roots good test on your bike frame... Some marking of the trail would be beneficial as it is you can simply wonder around and have fun... nice ride without going miles away from home.
I'll do it again.

Great trail if you like it muddy. Just a little rain makes for large puddles and swampy conditions. Really a good workout. Lots of roots on this one. Look out for the silver elephant!!!!

This trail is a little worn with lots of tree roots. It's lauded out pretty good if you know the trail but there are no sign to give directions. It would be nice if Eastern Virginia MTB would take over this trail to keep it up. It is a nice local ride.