Lake Meade Park Loop Trail

Lake Meade Park Loop Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Suffolk, VA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is about to be developed by the city, so it is primitive and under construction in places. It is a beautiful place and right in the city. There are some trails but Suffolk Parks and Recreation plan to make "real" trails. It is a nice area and well worth developing into recreation.

Nice little walk for my dog and I.

It's a really short trail. I completed the loop and then back tracked. Completed in about 35 minutes. You can see the lake/river through the trees from the trail but there are no trespassing signs so you can't get a better look. Took my dog, it was nice but wish there was an access point for a good view

Talked to park worker and he stated they would start making the trail in 2 months and it probably won't be open until fall.

Very strange trail. Not much sense to it. I kept thinking sooner or later I would find the main trail. Lots of Frisbee Golfers having fun. I would not recommend it for hiking.

Okay, I promised to return when it was not raining. With tracking, I was able to make a lot more sense out of the trails. Some are well maked and some are not. The lake is beautiful and so are the trees. Now that I have done it on a nice day, it is a place to return to.

Went there to hike with a group, but it rained and they did not show. I am not as smart as the rest so I got wet. The trails are kinda there but do not make sense. I want to come back when the sun is shining and edit this review.