James River Ride

James River Ride is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fort Eustis, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for trail running, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Pretty route through decent neighborhoods, but not a trail. It is easy to get off the route and difficult to find it again. Better for a Sunday drive in the car.

Northbound was really nice but after we turned around to come back I realized that it was a long ride.

A beautiful ride on a beautiful late afternoon. I think I counted 38 million bikes. Well, would you believe a whole bunch. But I think I had the only mountain bike. When I get rich I will buy a street bike. There were runners, walkers, dog walkers, baby strollers, bikes and bikes and bikes. Besides the beautiful houses, cedar lined streets, waterfront sections and small parks the route passes through the rear of the Mariners Museum which is a beautiful part. Beyond that the road becomes rolling but only a few feet.