Indian River Park Trail

Indian River Park Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The park is between the Hampton Roads Beltway and Military Highway. If you are coming from the Greenbrier shopping area of Chesapeake cross over Greenbrier Parkway and take the right hand turn onto Military highway and head for 1.3 Miles to Paramount Avenue (between two car dealerships), once there just follow the flow of traffic along the road and about 1 Mile down the road you will see the entrance to the park on your left.

We had fun here! As was said in another review, it really felt like you were out in the woods and not in the city! We took a long route 2.77 miles, a little hard to navigate but a fun adventure.

Nice trails

Literally just went. Felt like we were in the middle of nowhere but still in the city! Lots of rugged paths and mud, some of which was a bit like quicksand. Probably want to wear shoes you are okay with messing up. One of the people that came with me saw a spider the size of a small mouse; tons of spider webs in some parts, just grab a stick and wave it in front of you. I love adventures and off course things, so I would love to come back. Pretty easy to get lost, though.

This trail has a locals vibe and is geared toward BMX and mountain bikers. There were a few areas that were only for bikers so if you're walking through you need to stay out of the way. No payoff views but a solid loop for a palate cleanser.

This a fantastic trail. There are a ton of routes to choose from. Spread out through the trails are technical obstacles as well that can be bypassed or conquered, which allows for growth for those new to MTB. This will be a good to spot from now on!

Great trail! Had it all to myself on a Saturday afternoon. I think it's great for beginner mountain/trail bikers with some challenging parts here and there. Plenty of routes to go around a challenging part if you're not ready for it. This trail will help you get up to the next level experience.

Pretty trail, but kind of short. We walked in a few circles but after 30-45 minutes we made our way out and figured that was about it.

I just used my 50cc leaf blower to clear off the outer loop for mountain biking. The trail is marked by blue spray paint arrows if you take it counter clockwise. Now is the time to hit it if you don't want to get lost.

This trail is 2.5miles and is the longest hiking trail in Northwest River Park. It's a free entrance. The trail signs are adequate enough. There's a lot of spider webs as you walk thru the trail. We only saw three people hiking the trail. We did not get lost so maybe it isn't so bad for my first time.

Nice trail. Only reason I didn't get lost was because of the spider webs. Lol