Indian Creek Trail

Indian Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chesapeake, VA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.5 miles Loop

A nice walk in the woods but not as much to see as some of the trails in the park. Located inside Northwest River Park.

The trails are poorly maintained. Had to climb over several fallen trees blocking the paths. The mosquitos were horrendous. We actually ended up cutting our hike short because they were intolerable. Though I'm sure it's not like that all the time because the rangers even commented on how terrible they were. The rest of the park is great though. I'm sure after a freeze or two, it's going to be an excellent hike. We are looking forward to going again after the freeze.

Easy walking/running trail. There are many picnic areas with descent restrooms. The signs are confusing, we really didn't know which way to go, but that was okay b/c paths lead into each other which puts you back to the main office. We will return for more walks and take advantage of the canoeing & paddle boats that are for rent, at a very low fee.

My kind of trail. I do not like the big wide open trails. I hiked part and ran part. There were suppose to be some old stills but I did not see them.

This is a beautiful wooded trail that follows close to Indian Creek. You really do not see much of Idian Creek. There are a lot of ferns.